Holloway man jailed for threatening to kill ex
A man has been jailed for threatening to kill his ex.
Duran Braithwaite, 29, of Drovers Way, Holloway, was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court last Thursday (July 14).
He was also given a 10 year restraining order to not go near the 21-year-old woman.
Police said Braithwaite “harassed and terrorised” the woman with threatening text messages for around two months after the pair broke up in December last year, as well as hassling her at work.
Braithwaite was convicted in a “victimless prosecution”, after the woman decided not to give evidence in court.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Becky Saunders, of Islington Police, said: “I am pleased with the sentence Braithwaite has received. In a lot of cases of this nature, the victims are either afraid to pursue their allegations further or do not want to get involved with police, but this case demonstrates Islington Police’s commitment to tackling domestic violence with or without input from the victim.
“We will continue to robustly pursue offenders who harass and abuse people and bring them to justice and encourage victims to come and speak to us in confidence, we will help you.”
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 7 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 10 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets