Holloway man jailed for threatening to kill ex
A man has been jailed for threatening to kill his ex.
Duran Braithwaite, 29, of Drovers Way, Holloway, was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court last Thursday (July 14).
He was also given a 10 year restraining order to not go near the 21-year-old woman.
Police said Braithwaite “harassed and terrorised” the woman with threatening text messages for around two months after the pair broke up in December last year, as well as hassling her at work.
Braithwaite was convicted in a “victimless prosecution”, after the woman decided not to give evidence in court.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Becky Saunders, of Islington Police, said: “I am pleased with the sentence Braithwaite has received. In a lot of cases of this nature, the victims are either afraid to pursue their allegations further or do not want to get involved with police, but this case demonstrates Islington Police’s commitment to tackling domestic violence with or without input from the victim.
“We will continue to robustly pursue offenders who harass and abuse people and bring them to justice and encourage victims to come and speak to us in confidence, we will help you.”
- 1 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury roundabout is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 4 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 9 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 10 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'