Holloway man jailed for threatening to kill ex
A man has been jailed for threatening to kill his ex.
Duran Braithwaite, 29, of Drovers Way, Holloway, was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court last Thursday (July 14).
He was also given a 10 year restraining order to not go near the 21-year-old woman.
Police said Braithwaite “harassed and terrorised” the woman with threatening text messages for around two months after the pair broke up in December last year, as well as hassling her at work.
Braithwaite was convicted in a “victimless prosecution”, after the woman decided not to give evidence in court.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Becky Saunders, of Islington Police, said: “I am pleased with the sentence Braithwaite has received. In a lot of cases of this nature, the victims are either afraid to pursue their allegations further or do not want to get involved with police, but this case demonstrates Islington Police’s commitment to tackling domestic violence with or without input from the victim.
“We will continue to robustly pursue offenders who harass and abuse people and bring them to justice and encourage victims to come and speak to us in confidence, we will help you.”
- 1 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 2 Can you help identify this man?
- 3 Shops, pubs and hairdressers reopen across Islington today
- 4 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 5 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 7 Shannon Courtenay crowned WBA Bantamweight World Champion
- 8 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 9 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 10 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway