Holloway man jailed for threatening to kill ex
A man has been jailed for threatening to kill his ex.
Duran Braithwaite, 29, of Drovers Way, Holloway, was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court last Thursday (July 14).
He was also given a 10 year restraining order to not go near the 21-year-old woman.
Police said Braithwaite “harassed and terrorised” the woman with threatening text messages for around two months after the pair broke up in December last year, as well as hassling her at work.
Braithwaite was convicted in a “victimless prosecution”, after the woman decided not to give evidence in court.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Becky Saunders, of Islington Police, said: “I am pleased with the sentence Braithwaite has received. In a lot of cases of this nature, the victims are either afraid to pursue their allegations further or do not want to get involved with police, but this case demonstrates Islington Police’s commitment to tackling domestic violence with or without input from the victim.
“We will continue to robustly pursue offenders who harass and abuse people and bring them to justice and encourage victims to come and speak to us in confidence, we will help you.”
- 1 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 6 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale