Holloway man jailed over sawn-off shotgun and cocaine offences
- Credit: Archant
A Holloway man has been jailed for nine-and-a-half years for possession of a sawn-off shotgun.
Sharif Bako, 26, of Sussex Way, fled officers after a car – being driven by accomplice Mohammed Akib Bhatti – was stopped in Twyford Avenue, East Finchley, on April 15.
Bako was found hiding in a nearby garden. A bag he had been carrying was found. It contained a sawn-off shotgun, cash and Class A drugs.
He was jailed at the Old Bailey on Friday, having previously admitted firearms and drug possession offences.
Det Cons Ian Lamb said: “There is no reason why anyone should be driving around London with a loaded shotgun in their car.”
Bhatti, 18, of Leytonstone High Road, was sentenced to 18 months having pleaded guilty to conspiring to supply class A drugs, dangerous driving, driving a vehicle otherwise than in accordance with a licence, driving without insurance and failing to stop for police.
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 3 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 4 Poorer households in Islington could see council tax cut
- 5 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 6 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 7 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 8 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 9 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
- 10 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election