Holloway man jailed over sawn-off shotgun and cocaine offences
- Credit: Archant
A Holloway man has been jailed for nine-and-a-half years for possession of a sawn-off shotgun.
Sharif Bako, 26, of Sussex Way, fled officers after a car – being driven by accomplice Mohammed Akib Bhatti – was stopped in Twyford Avenue, East Finchley, on April 15.
Bako was found hiding in a nearby garden. A bag he had been carrying was found. It contained a sawn-off shotgun, cash and Class A drugs.
He was jailed at the Old Bailey on Friday, having previously admitted firearms and drug possession offences.
Det Cons Ian Lamb said: “There is no reason why anyone should be driving around London with a loaded shotgun in their car.”
You may also want to watch:
Bhatti, 18, of Leytonstone High Road, was sentenced to 18 months having pleaded guilty to conspiring to supply class A drugs, dangerous driving, driving a vehicle otherwise than in accordance with a licence, driving without insurance and failing to stop for police.
- 1 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 2 Can you help identify this man?
- 3 Shops, pubs and hairdressers reopen across Islington today
- 4 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 5 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 6 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 8 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway
- 9 Shannon Courtenay crowned WBA Bantamweight World Champion
- 10 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown