Holloway man jailed over sawn-off shotgun and cocaine offences
- Credit: Archant
A Holloway man has been jailed for nine-and-a-half years for possession of a sawn-off shotgun.
Sharif Bako, 26, of Sussex Way, fled officers after a car – being driven by accomplice Mohammed Akib Bhatti – was stopped in Twyford Avenue, East Finchley, on April 15.
Bako was found hiding in a nearby garden. A bag he had been carrying was found. It contained a sawn-off shotgun, cash and Class A drugs.
He was jailed at the Old Bailey on Friday, having previously admitted firearms and drug possession offences.
Det Cons Ian Lamb said: “There is no reason why anyone should be driving around London with a loaded shotgun in their car.”
You may also want to watch:
Bhatti, 18, of Leytonstone High Road, was sentenced to 18 months having pleaded guilty to conspiring to supply class A drugs, dangerous driving, driving a vehicle otherwise than in accordance with a licence, driving without insurance and failing to stop for police.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 8 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire