Holloway man jailed over sawn-off shotgun and cocaine offences
- Credit: Archant
A Holloway man has been jailed for nine-and-a-half years for possession of a sawn-off shotgun.
Sharif Bako, 26, of Sussex Way, fled officers after a car – being driven by accomplice Mohammed Akib Bhatti – was stopped in Twyford Avenue, East Finchley, on April 15.
Bako was found hiding in a nearby garden. A bag he had been carrying was found. It contained a sawn-off shotgun, cash and Class A drugs.
He was jailed at the Old Bailey on Friday, having previously admitted firearms and drug possession offences.
Det Cons Ian Lamb said: “There is no reason why anyone should be driving around London with a loaded shotgun in their car.”
You may also want to watch:
Bhatti, 18, of Leytonstone High Road, was sentenced to 18 months having pleaded guilty to conspiring to supply class A drugs, dangerous driving, driving a vehicle otherwise than in accordance with a licence, driving without insurance and failing to stop for police.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 4 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets