Holloway man one of 12 jailed for delivering cocaine to City workers
- Credit: Archant
A Holloway man is among members of an organised crime gang jailed for 30 years for dealing cocaine to City workers.
Halil Shehu, 22, of Camden Road, was jailed for two years and eight months for possession with intent to supply cocaine at the Inner London Crown Court in November. The final of 12 gang members was jailed last week.
An eight-month investigation by City of London Police led to the convictions of the gang involved in delivering orders of the class A drug to the City.
A total of 1.2kg of cocaine with a street value of up to £144,000 was seized, along with over £20,000 in cash.
Two mobile phones also recovered were found to be extremely active "drug line" phones, belonging to the two controllers, who would take the orders and arrange the pick-ups.
You may also want to watch:
Sadiq Khan has previously warned that cocaine users at "middle-class parties" is fuelling the drug-related gang violence on the capital's streets.
Det Con Lee Johnson, who led the operation, said: "A lot of individuals delivering drugs across the capital are young and vulnerable people who are being exploited. Many people don't realise it, but money from selling drugs can be used to fund other serious offences.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
"This operation has been incredibly successful in disrupting a large and organised group of criminals, making a profit from the sale and distribution of cocaine in the City."