Holloway rap star Skinnyman jailed for 16 months
Rap star Skinnyman has been jailed after he threatened his ex-girlfriend and attacked her car with a hammer.
The hip hop artist, real name Alexander Holland, of Eden Grove, Holloway, was caged for 16 months at Blackfriars Crown Court yesterday (Thursday July 14).
Holland, who grew up on the Six Acres Estate, off Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park, was convicted of two counts of assault, breach of a non-molestation order and witness intimidation.
The 36-year-old rapper achieved success in 2004 with the release of his widely-hailed album Council Estate of Mind.
Det Con Jose Lagares said: “Alexander Holland refused to accept responsibility for his actions throughout his trial. The victim, who was already under great strain, then had to testify against him in court.
You may also want to watch:
“His sentence takes into consideration the amount of time he spent on remand and should send a clear message that no one is above the law. Police in Islington are committed to tackling hate crime, which encompasses harassment and domestic violence, and we will always support victims through the entire process.”
Holland began a campaign of harassment against the woman in June 2010 after they split up, police said.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story
He bombarded her on a daily basis with threatening phone calls and text messages.
On August 27 last year, he followed her car and attempted to drive her off the road. When she stopped, he attacked the car with a hammer and shouted threats at her.
He also abused and threatened the woman outside Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court when she appeared as a witness on February 3.