Holloway schoolboy stabbing followed argument on a 271 bus
A 15-YEAR-OLD boy was stabbed on his way to school after a row broke out on a number 271 bus.
The schoolboy was knifed in the arm in Holloway Road, Holloway, as he got off the bus at 8.20am on Friday.
Shopkeepers opening up for the day saw a group of teenagers flee the scene as others hung around on the pavement.
The boy, who was travelling from his Islington home to school in Barnet, was rushed to hospital for treatment.
One caf� worker, who did not want to be named, said: “A traffic warden came in and said, ‘Call the police because someone has been stabbed’. So I did. There were lots of school kids outside – boys and girls.”
You may also want to watch:
Another shopkeeper, who works at an off licence, added: “The first thing I saw was people running away – about three to four students, boys and girls. Then a man was calling the police.
“The police told me that the injured boy had actually come in here afterwards. I didn’t realise he was injured. He just came in and went out. There wasn’t any blood. He was wearing a black coat.”
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 2 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 6 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 7 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 8 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 9 Meet Charrli - the Islington start-up facilitating zero-waste shopping
- 10 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
A third shopkeeper added: “I got here about 8.50am and there were lots of kids around. They were all girls and there were about nine of them. They were talking to the police.”
The boy, who was wearing his school uniform, is believed to be recovering well.
Detectives are trying to piece together the motive for the attack but the boy is believed to have got into an argument with other schoolchildren.
A spokeswoman for Islington police said: “Police were called at approximately 8.20am to reports of a male assaulted in Holloway Road.
“Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and discovered a male, believed aged 15, suffering a stab wound to the arm. He was treated at the scene before being taken to a local hospital - injuries are not life threatening.
“Officers retain an open mind as to the motive at this early stage.”
No arrests have yet been made.