Holloway shoe stabber faces jail for bookies attack
A TEENAGER is facing years behind bars after he pulled a knife from his shoe and stabbed a rival in the chest.
Aimen Saleh, 18, of York Way, Holloway, was hanging round outside the William Hill in Grafton Way, Bloomsbury, when the then 16-year-old victim appeared.
Saleh and the large gang he was with were being quite intimidating so the 16-year-old went inside the bookies to get away from them.
The group stayed outside giving him dirty looks, so eventually he left the shop and asked Saleh if he had a problem with him.
At this point, Saleh took off his shoe, pulled out a knife and stabbed the victim, before calmly putting his shoe back on and making off.
You may also want to watch:
The victim didn’t realised how badly injured he was, and tried to walk to the nearby University College Hospital, but he eventually managed to flag down a passing ambulance which rushed him to caualty for treatment.
The incident took place on December 8, 2009, and witnesses identified Saleh as the knifeman, but police were unable to trace him.
- 1 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 2 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 5 Islington arts groups get £6.6m government Covid boost
- 6 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 7 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 8 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 9 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 10 Can you help identify this man?
They circulated him on the wanted list and launched a media appeal to find him, and he was arrested seven months later on June 4 at his home in Holloway and charged with attempted murder.
Last week at Blackfriars Crown Court he was cleared of that charge but found guilty of GBH with intent.
He was remanded in custody to be sentenced on February 18.