Holloway train flasher who exposed himself to teenage girls jailed
- Credit: Archant
A sex offender from Holloway has been jailed after flashing two teenage girls on a train.
Andrew Leontilu, 27, of Benwell Road, followed the girls aged 13 and 15 on to an overground train at Caledonian Road and Barnsbury station at 7.40am on June 25.
After trying to strike up conversation and being ignored, Leontilu, who was out on licence for a previous sexual offence, exposed himself to the girls.
He then followed them down the train as they tried to escape him, forcing them to exit the train at Kentish Town West and report Leontilu to an on duty Police Community Support Officer.
An investigation by British Transport Police (BPT) using CCTV was launched to identify Leontilu who was later arrested.
You may also want to watch:
He was sentenced to six months in prison by a judge at Blackfriars Crown Court yesterday (November 5) after pleading guilty to exposure under the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
PC Robert Reed, the investigating officer, said: “Leontilu’s predatory nature caused not only alarm to the teenagers but they were forced to leave the train early to escape him.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
“We welcome the sentence handed to Leontilu and hope it serves as a warning that sexual offences anywhere on the rail network will not be tolerated.”
The sentencing comes following the launch of Project Guardian – a multi agency initiative involving British Transport Police (BTP), Metropolitan Police Safer Transport Command (STC), City of London Police and Transport for London (TfL).
The project aims to improve the levels of reporting among victims of sexual offences a on the transport network.
To report an incident of a sexual nature that occurred on a train or Tube, call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016 with details of what happened.