Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- Credit: Submitted
A man has been found with a gunshot wound in Hornsey Rise.
The man has been taken to hospital and a Met Police spokesperson said the force is awaiting a condition update.
Officers were called to reports of gunshots in Hornsey Rise Gardens just before 4.25pm today (June 8).
Police said a man has been arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an offensive weapon and taken into custody.
The spokesperson added: "A crime scene remains in place and enquiries are ongoing.
"A Section 60 order has been authorised for a large part of the borough of Islington."
Anybody with information is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 5570/08Jun.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
To remain anonymous contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.