Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- Credit: Submitted
A man has been found with a gunshot wound in Hornsey Rise.
The man has been taken to hospital and a Met Police spokesperson said the force is awaiting a condition update.
Officers were called to reports of gunshots in Hornsey Rise Gardens just before 4.25pm today (June 8).
Police said a man has been arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an offensive weapon and taken into custody.
The spokesperson added: "A crime scene remains in place and enquiries are ongoing.
"A Section 60 order has been authorised for a large part of the borough of Islington."
Anybody with information is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 5570/08Jun.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
To remain anonymous contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.