Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- Credit: Submitted
A man has been found with a gunshot wound in Hornsey Rise.
The man has been taken to hospital and a Met Police spokesperson said the force is awaiting a condition update.
Officers were called to reports of gunshots in Hornsey Rise Gardens just before 4.25pm today (June 8).
Police said a man has been arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an offensive weapon and taken into custody.
The spokesperson added: "A crime scene remains in place and enquiries are ongoing.
"A Section 60 order has been authorised for a large part of the borough of Islington."
Anybody with information is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 5570/08Jun.
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 3 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 4 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 5 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 6 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 7 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 8 More than 18,000 Covid breach fines issued by Met during lockdowns
- 9 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 10 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
To remain anonymous contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.