Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- Credit: Submitted
A man has been found with a gunshot wound in Hornsey Rise.
The man has been taken to hospital and a Met Police spokesperson said the force is awaiting a condition update.
Officers were called to reports of gunshots in Hornsey Rise Gardens just before 4.25pm today (June 8).
Police said a man has been arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an offensive weapon and taken into custody.
The spokesperson added: "A crime scene remains in place and enquiries are ongoing.
"A Section 60 order has been authorised for a large part of the borough of Islington."
Anybody with information is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 5570/08Jun.
- 1 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 2 Arsenal begin pre-season in strong position
- 3 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 4 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 5 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 6 Protest erupts at the North London Waste Authority re-election meeting
- 7 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 8 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 9 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
To remain anonymous contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.