Hornsey Road brawl: Man, 47, arrested after ‘horrendous’ 15-strong fight
- Credit: Archant
A 47-year-old man was arrested last night after a mass brawl in Hornsey Road, Holloway.
It happened in the middle of the road between Sobell Leisure Centre and Hornsey Kebab, near the junction with Tollington Road.
Police were called just after 7pm after receiving reports of a “large group of males fighting”. A 16-year-old boy was treated at the scene for facial injuries after being struck with a stick.
One eyewitness, who didn’t want to be named, told the Gazette this afternoon: “We saw loads of people in the middle of the road, between the kebab shop and leisure centre. Jesus, there were 15 people at least.
“It was holding up traffic and I was just hoping it didn’t come over to where we were. I could see a boy with a bandage around his head. Police were there for about an hour after, and were back again this morning.
“It’s horrendous. There’s never a bloody dull moment around here.”
The Met said the 47-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm, and has been bailed until mid-April.
- 1 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 2 Beloved father choked to death on cauliflower after Highgate Care Home 'neglect'
- 3 Cannabis sweets: the drugs danger that put 17 north London schoolgirls in hospital
- 4 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 5 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 6 Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
- 7 Pirates: Reggie Yates film shot in Angel gets release
- 8 Islington shisha smuggler sentenced for £230,000 tax fraud
- 9 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
- 10 Jailed: 'Brazen' cannabis sweet dealers sentenced
Ch Insp Matthew Casey, from Islington Police, said: “There was no suggestion it was a gang feud. The 16-year-old boy was struck with a stick, and possibly a bike chain – which we are trying to establish. The investigation is live as to who the other people were in this incident.”
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, quoting incident number 7167 of March 8.
Did you see the brawl? Email email@example.com