Three arrested in immigration raid at Deliveroo base in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Three men are being held following a Home Office immigration bust at Deliveroo’s training centre in Pentonville Road yesterday.
It followed allegations from the public that illegal workers were being employed by the popular food delivery service, the Home Office said in a statement.
A spokeswoman said this evening: “Immigration enforcement officers conducted an illegal working visit on Deliveroo Training Centre, 79-89 Pentonville Road, Islington, with assistance from the Metropolitan Police yesterday following reports from the public that illegal immigrants were being employed by the company.
“Three men were arrested for immigration offences and we are pursuing their removal.”
A Deliveroo spokeswoman said: “We have worked with the Metropolitan Police to assist in a documentation check at our Angel office yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
“While we cannot comment on the details of this check, we are committed to continuing to work closely with the relevant authorities in all areas in which we operate.”
Police said they had “nothing on it” when contacted by the Gazette today.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 6 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey