Three arrested in immigration raid at Deliveroo base in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Three men are being held following a Home Office immigration bust at Deliveroo’s training centre in Pentonville Road yesterday.
It followed allegations from the public that illegal workers were being employed by the popular food delivery service, the Home Office said in a statement.
A spokeswoman said this evening: “Immigration enforcement officers conducted an illegal working visit on Deliveroo Training Centre, 79-89 Pentonville Road, Islington, with assistance from the Metropolitan Police yesterday following reports from the public that illegal immigrants were being employed by the company.
“Three men were arrested for immigration offences and we are pursuing their removal.”
A Deliveroo spokeswoman said: “We have worked with the Metropolitan Police to assist in a documentation check at our Angel office yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
“While we cannot comment on the details of this check, we are committed to continuing to work closely with the relevant authorities in all areas in which we operate.”
Police said they had “nothing on it” when contacted by the Gazette today.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 6 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 7 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'