Three arrested in immigration raid at Deliveroo base in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Three men are being held following a Home Office immigration bust at Deliveroo’s training centre in Pentonville Road yesterday.
It followed allegations from the public that illegal workers were being employed by the popular food delivery service, the Home Office said in a statement.
A spokeswoman said this evening: “Immigration enforcement officers conducted an illegal working visit on Deliveroo Training Centre, 79-89 Pentonville Road, Islington, with assistance from the Metropolitan Police yesterday following reports from the public that illegal immigrants were being employed by the company.
“Three men were arrested for immigration offences and we are pursuing their removal.”
A Deliveroo spokeswoman said: “We have worked with the Metropolitan Police to assist in a documentation check at our Angel office yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
“While we cannot comment on the details of this check, we are committed to continuing to work closely with the relevant authorities in all areas in which we operate.”
Police said they had “nothing on it” when contacted by the Gazette today.
- 1 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed
- 4 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 5 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 6 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 7 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 10 Covid and NHS, LTNs and trees versus housing