Three arrested in immigration raid at Deliveroo base in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Three men are being held following a Home Office immigration bust at Deliveroo’s training centre in Pentonville Road yesterday.
It followed allegations from the public that illegal workers were being employed by the popular food delivery service, the Home Office said in a statement.
A spokeswoman said this evening: “Immigration enforcement officers conducted an illegal working visit on Deliveroo Training Centre, 79-89 Pentonville Road, Islington, with assistance from the Metropolitan Police yesterday following reports from the public that illegal immigrants were being employed by the company.
“Three men were arrested for immigration offences and we are pursuing their removal.”
A Deliveroo spokeswoman said: “We have worked with the Metropolitan Police to assist in a documentation check at our Angel office yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
“While we cannot comment on the details of this check, we are committed to continuing to work closely with the relevant authorities in all areas in which we operate.”
Police said they had “nothing on it” when contacted by the Gazette today.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education