Three arrested in immigration raid at Deliveroo base in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Three men are being held following a Home Office immigration bust at Deliveroo’s training centre in Pentonville Road yesterday.
It followed allegations from the public that illegal workers were being employed by the popular food delivery service, the Home Office said in a statement.
A spokeswoman said this evening: “Immigration enforcement officers conducted an illegal working visit on Deliveroo Training Centre, 79-89 Pentonville Road, Islington, with assistance from the Metropolitan Police yesterday following reports from the public that illegal immigrants were being employed by the company.
“Three men were arrested for immigration offences and we are pursuing their removal.”
A Deliveroo spokeswoman said: “We have worked with the Metropolitan Police to assist in a documentation check at our Angel office yesterday.
“While we cannot comment on the details of this check, we are committed to continuing to work closely with the relevant authorities in all areas in which we operate.”
Police said they had “nothing on it” when contacted by the Gazette today.
- 1 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 2 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 3 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 4 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 5 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 6 Covid patients in north London hospitals with Plan B rules set to lift
- 7 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 8 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 9 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 10 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?