Hunt for savage Finsbury Park chicken shop attacker
Police have released a CCTV image of a man they want to speak to in connection with a savage racist attack outside a fast food restaurant.
The incident saw a 23-year-old market research executive from Haringey left with multiple facial fractures and bleeding on the brain after he was set upon by a suspected martial arts expert.
The incident happened, shortly
The 23-year-old victim was sitting eating with friends in Eden Chicken shop, in Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park, at around 3am on March 19 when another diner turned particularly nasty.
Detective Constable Gethin Roberts, of Islington police, said: “The victim is white, and was with two white male friends and an Asian girl when the suspect said: ‘What are you white boys doing with this Paki?’
You may also want to watch:
“The victim’s group made a comment back and the suspect spat at them and went outside and took his shirt off.
“The victim and one of the other guys followed him outside and ended up suffering a brutal assault.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
“You can see from the CCTV that the suspect has some sort of kickboxing or boxing background, and at one point the victim slips over and that’s when the guy stamps on his head.”
The attacker, who was of North African or Middle Eastern appearance, and is about 30 to 40 years old and 6ft tall with a moustache - then ran off with his girlfriend in tow.
The victim was rushed to Whittington Hospital in Archway with serious injuries, and despite initial fears for his long-term health, he is now expected to make a full recovery.
DC Roberts said: “The surgeons said it was too dangerous to operate because they might damage his eyesight, so its going to be some months before he is fully recovered. But the long-term prognosis is good.
“However this was a particularly nasty attack and we need to catch the man who did it.”
- Anyone who recognises him should call DC Roberts on 020 7421 0111 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111