Sixth man charged with the murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- Credit: met police
A sixth man has been charged with the murder of Imani Allaway-Muir in Islington.
Dean Walker, 31, of Shearling Way in the Cally was charged with murder yesterday, and appeared in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court today.
Mr Allaway-Muir, 22, was shot dead “in broad daylight” near a children’s playground in the Westbourne Estate, Holloway, on July 4.
Emergency services were called to Roman Way, at 3.20pm but despite the best efforts of paramedics he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination found he had died of a gunshot wound.
On July 9 Nathaniel Reece, 39, of Southgate Road, De Beauvoir, was charged with murder and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, and Matthew Hardy, 34, of Six Acres Estate, Finsbury Park, was charged with murder.
Demetrios Kyriacou, 33, of Liverpool Road, Barnsbury, Darren Dredge, 38, of no fixed abode, and Hassan Hamza, 27, of Arundel Square, Barnsbury were all charged with murder on July 16.
- 1 Islington pub Alpaca wins lockdown service award
- 2 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 3 Scandinavian primary school moves to bigger premises in Highbury
- 4 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 7 Meet the Islington-based Rangers fans who are helping food banks
- 8 Not just for Christmas: Rescue dogs looking for forever homes
- 9 Covid-19: How Islington's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 10 Let's Talk: Campaign launched to tackle Islington inequality
A trial date has still not been fixed.
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has video or images that could assist police, is asked to call 101 ref CAD 4432/4 July.
To remain anonymous contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.