Sixth man charged with the murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- Credit: met police
A sixth man has been charged with the murder of Imani Allaway-Muir in Islington.
Dean Walker, 31, of Shearling Way in the Cally was charged with murder yesterday, and appeared in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court today.
Mr Allaway-Muir, 22, was shot dead “in broad daylight” near a children’s playground in the Westbourne Estate, Holloway, on July 4.
Emergency services were called to Roman Way, at 3.20pm but despite the best efforts of paramedics he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination found he had died of a gunshot wound.
You may also want to watch:
On July 9 Nathaniel Reece, 39, of Southgate Road, De Beauvoir, was charged with murder and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, and Matthew Hardy, 34, of Six Acres Estate, Finsbury Park, was charged with murder.
Demetrios Kyriacou, 33, of Liverpool Road, Barnsbury, Darren Dredge, 38, of no fixed abode, and Hassan Hamza, 27, of Arundel Square, Barnsbury were all charged with murder on July 16.
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 3 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Walk with a map
- 7 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 8 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 9 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 10 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
A trial date has still not been fixed.
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has video or images that could assist police, is asked to call 101 ref CAD 4432/4 July.
To remain anonymous contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.