Sixth man charged with the murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- Credit: met police
A sixth man has been charged with the murder of Imani Allaway-Muir in Islington.
Dean Walker, 31, of Shearling Way in the Cally was charged with murder yesterday, and appeared in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court today.
Mr Allaway-Muir, 22, was shot dead “in broad daylight” near a children’s playground in the Westbourne Estate, Holloway, on July 4.
Emergency services were called to Roman Way, at 3.20pm but despite the best efforts of paramedics he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination found he had died of a gunshot wound.
On July 9 Nathaniel Reece, 39, of Southgate Road, De Beauvoir, was charged with murder and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, and Matthew Hardy, 34, of Six Acres Estate, Finsbury Park, was charged with murder.
Demetrios Kyriacou, 33, of Liverpool Road, Barnsbury, Darren Dredge, 38, of no fixed abode, and Hassan Hamza, 27, of Arundel Square, Barnsbury were all charged with murder on July 16.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Missing: 29-year-old Islington woman found 'safe and well'
- 3 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 4 New cabinet announced for Islington Council
- 5 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 6 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 9 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 10 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
A trial date has still not been fixed.
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has video or images that could assist police, is asked to call 101 ref CAD 4432/4 July.
To remain anonymous contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.