Sixth man charged with the murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- Credit: met police
A sixth man has been charged with the murder of Imani Allaway-Muir in Islington.
Dean Walker, 31, of Shearling Way in the Cally was charged with murder yesterday, and appeared in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court today.
Mr Allaway-Muir, 22, was shot dead “in broad daylight” near a children’s playground in the Westbourne Estate, Holloway, on July 4.
Emergency services were called to Roman Way, at 3.20pm but despite the best efforts of paramedics he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination found he had died of a gunshot wound.
You may also want to watch:
On July 9 Nathaniel Reece, 39, of Southgate Road, De Beauvoir, was charged with murder and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, and Matthew Hardy, 34, of Six Acres Estate, Finsbury Park, was charged with murder.
Demetrios Kyriacou, 33, of Liverpool Road, Barnsbury, Darren Dredge, 38, of no fixed abode, and Hassan Hamza, 27, of Arundel Square, Barnsbury were all charged with murder on July 16.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 4 Letters: Environment and tenants' manifesto
- 5 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 6 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 7 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 8 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 9 Author inspired by Highbury for debut sci-fi novel about aliens
- 10 Covid-19 vaccination, low traffic neighbourhoods, council in school closure u-turn and more
A trial date has still not been fixed.
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has video or images that could assist police, is asked to call 101 ref CAD 4432/4 July.
To remain anonymous contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.