Islington drug dealer tried to swallow crack wraps, claim police
- Credit: Archant
A suspected drug dealer was arrested after he was allegedly caught with wraps of crack cocaine in his mouth.
Police said they spotted him loitering and behaving suspiciously in Essex Road, Islington, last Thursday.
He was approached by plain clothes officers who said they were going to search him – at which point it is claimed he attempted to swallow the drugs.
The man, aged 28, was arrested on suspicion of possession of class A drugs with intent to supply.
A 25-year-old woman, who was with him and allegedly tried to hide drugs in her socks when the officers approached, was also arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply.
Police said they seized up to 20 wraps of class A drugs from the pair. Both suspects have been bailed to return to police on April 22.
- 1 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 2 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 3 Islington's Tory councillor calls for low traffic neighbourhoods to be scrapped
- 4 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 5 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 6 Meating climate commitments: are butchers on their way out?
- 7 Residents to quiz council over homes at Holloway Prison site
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 10 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas