Islington drug dealer tried to swallow crack wraps, claim police
- Credit: Archant
A suspected drug dealer was arrested after he was allegedly caught with wraps of crack cocaine in his mouth.
Police said they spotted him loitering and behaving suspiciously in Essex Road, Islington, last Thursday.
He was approached by plain clothes officers who said they were going to search him – at which point it is claimed he attempted to swallow the drugs.
The man, aged 28, was arrested on suspicion of possession of class A drugs with intent to supply.
A 25-year-old woman, who was with him and allegedly tried to hide drugs in her socks when the officers approached, was also arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
Police said they seized up to 20 wraps of class A drugs from the pair. Both suspects have been bailed to return to police on April 22.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 6 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 7 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 8 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 9 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 10 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project