Islington drug dealer tried to swallow crack wraps, claim police
- Credit: Archant
A suspected drug dealer was arrested after he was allegedly caught with wraps of crack cocaine in his mouth.
Police said they spotted him loitering and behaving suspiciously in Essex Road, Islington, last Thursday.
He was approached by plain clothes officers who said they were going to search him – at which point it is claimed he attempted to swallow the drugs.
The man, aged 28, was arrested on suspicion of possession of class A drugs with intent to supply.
A 25-year-old woman, who was with him and allegedly tried to hide drugs in her socks when the officers approached, was also arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
Police said they seized up to 20 wraps of class A drugs from the pair. Both suspects have been bailed to return to police on April 22.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Finsbury Park drugs misuse centre put into special measures
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 8 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios