Islington drug dealer tried to swallow crack wraps, claim police
- Credit: Archant
A suspected drug dealer was arrested after he was allegedly caught with wraps of crack cocaine in his mouth.
Police said they spotted him loitering and behaving suspiciously in Essex Road, Islington, last Thursday.
He was approached by plain clothes officers who said they were going to search him – at which point it is claimed he attempted to swallow the drugs.
The man, aged 28, was arrested on suspicion of possession of class A drugs with intent to supply.
A 25-year-old woman, who was with him and allegedly tried to hide drugs in her socks when the officers approached, was also arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
Police said they seized up to 20 wraps of class A drugs from the pair. Both suspects have been bailed to return to police on April 22.
- 1 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 2 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 3 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 4 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 New 'ethical' Deliveroo-style service coming to Islington
- 10 Letters: Holloway Prison site development