Islington house surrounded by police after armed attack
Police surrounded a house in Islington after two people were attacked by an armed assailant.
Officers raced to Birdbrook House, on the Popham Estate, off Popham Road, Islington, on Thursday (August 18) following reports of a suspect on the loose with a weapon.
Two women, an 18 and a 21-year-old, were taken to hospital after being injured in the attack. Both were treated and discharged.
Police describe their injuries as not life-threatening or life-changing
No arrests were made and investigations continue.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident can contact detective constable Richard Clark on 020 7421 0144 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 4 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 5 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 6 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 7 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 8 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 9 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
- 10 Islington's Holocaust Memorial Day 2021 event to go ahead online