Islington house surrounded by police after armed attack
Police surrounded a house in Islington after two people were attacked by an armed assailant.
Officers raced to Birdbrook House, on the Popham Estate, off Popham Road, Islington, on Thursday (August 18) following reports of a suspect on the loose with a weapon.
Two women, an 18 and a 21-year-old, were taken to hospital after being injured in the attack. Both were treated and discharged.
Police describe their injuries as not life-threatening or life-changing
No arrests were made and investigations continue.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident can contact detective constable Richard Clark on 020 7421 0144 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 7 ESL 'the death of what football should be about', say Arsenal fans
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 10 Elthorne Pride community group's back-to-school initiative