Islington house surrounded by police after armed attack
Police surrounded a house in Islington after two people were attacked by an armed assailant.
Officers raced to Birdbrook House, on the Popham Estate, off Popham Road, Islington, on Thursday (August 18) following reports of a suspect on the loose with a weapon.
Two women, an 18 and a 21-year-old, were taken to hospital after being injured in the attack. Both were treated and discharged.
Police describe their injuries as not life-threatening or life-changing
No arrests were made and investigations continue.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident can contact detective constable Richard Clark on 020 7421 0144 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 4 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 7 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket