Islington man accused of murdering his mother
An Islington man is to appear in court today (June 27) charged with murdering his elderly mother.
Thomas Raymond Quinn, of Emberton Court, Finsbury, will appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court.
Quinn, who is about 50 years old, is accused of murdering a woman in Emberton Court
Although formal identification has not taken place, officers believe the victim is Mary Philimena Quinn, 81.
“The man charged is the son of the deceased,” a Scotland Yard spokesman said. It is understood they lived at the same address.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to the home at 3.15pm on Friday. They discovered the woman’s body after entering the property.
A post-mortem examination was due to take place on Saturday.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 7 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 10 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets