Islington man accused of murdering his mother
An Islington man is to appear in court today (June 27) charged with murdering his elderly mother.
Thomas Raymond Quinn, of Emberton Court, Finsbury, will appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court.
Quinn, who is about 50 years old, is accused of murdering a woman in Emberton Court
Although formal identification has not taken place, officers believe the victim is Mary Philimena Quinn, 81.
“The man charged is the son of the deceased,” a Scotland Yard spokesman said. It is understood they lived at the same address.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to the home at 3.15pm on Friday. They discovered the woman’s body after entering the property.
A post-mortem examination was due to take place on Saturday.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 4 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 7 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 8 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 9 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket