Islington man accused of murdering his mother
An Islington man is to appear in court today (June 27) charged with murdering his elderly mother.
Thomas Raymond Quinn, of Emberton Court, Finsbury, will appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court.
Quinn, who is about 50 years old, is accused of murdering a woman in Emberton Court
Although formal identification has not taken place, officers believe the victim is Mary Philimena Quinn, 81.
“The man charged is the son of the deceased,” a Scotland Yard spokesman said. It is understood they lived at the same address.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to the home at 3.15pm on Friday. They discovered the woman’s body after entering the property.
A post-mortem examination was due to take place on Saturday.
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 3 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 6 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 7 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?