Islington man charged in connection with fatal Battersea shooting
- Credit: Archant
An Islington man has been charged in connection with the fatal shooting of a man in Battersea on Christmas Eve last year.
Flamur Beqiri, 36, was killed on the evening of December 24, 2019 on Battersea Church Road in Wandsworth.
The Met Police arrested Clifford Rollex, 30, of Percival Street in Islington, yesterday (October 28) and charged him with perverting the course of public justice this morning.
He was due to appear at Highbury Magistrates’ Court today.
Three Swedish nationals - 33, 31 and 22 - were arrested in connection with the crime on October 8 in Sweden, at addresses in Stockholm and Vaxjo, under a UK European Arrest Warrant.
They are all still subject to the extradition process through the Swedish judicial system.
Anis Fouad Hemissi, 23, a Swedish national, was previously charged with Flamur’s murder.
- 1 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 2 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 3 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 4 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 5 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 6 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 7 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 8 Ironmonger Row Baths have reopened for these activities
- 9 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 10 How many alcohol-related fires were there in your borough last year?
He was extradited back to the UK from Denmark in June and is due to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday, December 1.