Islington man charged in connection with fatal Battersea shooting
- Credit: Archant
An Islington man has been charged in connection with the fatal shooting of a woman in Battersea on Christmas Eve last year.
Flamur Beqiri, 36, was killed on the evening of December 24, 2019 on Battersea Church Road in Wandsworth.
The Met Police arrested Clifford Rollex, 30, of Percival Street in Islington, yesterday (October 28) and charged him with perverting the course of public justice this morning.
He was due to appear at Highbury Magistrates’ Court today.
Three Swedish nationals - 33, 31 and 22 - were arrested in connection with the crime on October 8 in Sweden, at addresses in Stockholm and Vaxjo, under a UK European Arrest Warrant.
You may also want to watch:
They are all still subject to the extradition process through the Swedish judicial system.
Anis Fouad Hemissi, 23, a Swedish national, was previously charged with Flamur’s murder.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 5 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 6 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 9 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 10 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
He was extradited back to the UK from Denmark in June and is due to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday, December 1.