Islington man charged in connection with fatal Battersea shooting
- Credit: Archant
An Islington man has been charged in connection with the fatal shooting of a woman in Battersea on Christmas Eve last year.
Flamur Beqiri, 36, was killed on the evening of December 24, 2019 on Battersea Church Road in Wandsworth.
The Met Police arrested Clifford Rollex, 30, of Percival Street in Islington, yesterday (October 28) and charged him with perverting the course of public justice this morning.
He was due to appear at Highbury Magistrates’ Court today.
Three Swedish nationals - 33, 31 and 22 - were arrested in connection with the crime on October 8 in Sweden, at addresses in Stockholm and Vaxjo, under a UK European Arrest Warrant.
You may also want to watch:
They are all still subject to the extradition process through the Swedish judicial system.
Anis Fouad Hemissi, 23, a Swedish national, was previously charged with Flamur’s murder.
- 1 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 2 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Whittington NHS bosses announce maternity transformation plans
- 8 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 9 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 10 St George's Day, Partners Islington, LTNs and Local Plan policy
He was extradited back to the UK from Denmark in June and is due to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday, December 1.