Islington man charged in connection with fatal Battersea shooting
- Credit: Archant
An Islington man has been charged in connection with the fatal shooting of a woman in Battersea on Christmas Eve last year.
Flamur Beqiri, 36, was killed on the evening of December 24, 2019 on Battersea Church Road in Wandsworth.
The Met Police arrested Clifford Rollex, 30, of Percival Street in Islington, yesterday (October 28) and charged him with perverting the course of public justice this morning.
He was due to appear at Highbury Magistrates’ Court today.
Three Swedish nationals - 33, 31 and 22 - were arrested in connection with the crime on October 8 in Sweden, at addresses in Stockholm and Vaxjo, under a UK European Arrest Warrant.
You may also want to watch:
They are all still subject to the extradition process through the Swedish judicial system.
Anis Fouad Hemissi, 23, a Swedish national, was previously charged with Flamur’s murder.
- 1 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 2 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 5 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 6 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 7 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 8 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
- 9 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 10 Islington's Holocaust Memorial Day 2021 event to go ahead online
He was extradited back to the UK from Denmark in June and is due to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday, December 1.