Islington man Reece Jackson jailed for conspiracy to kidnap and blackmail
- Credit: polci
A man from Islington has been jailed for over 12 years for his part in a conspiracy to kidnap and blackmail.
Police were called on December 22 2016 to reports of a fight in Plumstead, and witnesses told Inner London Crown Court how they had seen a man being chased and forced into a black Audi by two men.
A relative of the victim described at the time how he had been contacted by the kidnappers who were demanding money for his safe release.
The overnight ordeal saw the victim handcuffed and tied with cables and tape, and assaulted in the car.
Demands for cash and threats of violence continued throughout the night, and shots were fired as part of the threats which included a false report that the victim - a 31-year-old man from Greenwich - had been shot.
You may also want to watch:
He was released at 8.30am the next day when the suspects realised the police were involved.
Reece Jackson, Conrad Jackson (no relation), Zephan Rollins and Amir Zahir were found guilty on March 30 and sentenced today.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 7 Meet Charrli - the Islington start-up facilitating zero-waste shopping
- 8 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 9 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 10 Arsenal youngsters Hennessy and Goldie selected for England under 19s
Reece Jackson, 25, of Holly Park Estate, Crouch Hill, was jailed for 12 and a half years for conspiracy to kidnap, conspiracy to blackmail, false imprisonment and possession of an imitation firearm with intent to case fear of violence.
Amir Sahir, 30, of Tuam Road, Greenwich, was jailed for 10 years for conspiracy to kidnap, conspiracy to blackmail and false imprisonment.
Zephan Rollins. 29, of Canadian Avenue, Catford, was jailed for 11 years for conspiracy to kidnap, conspiracy to blackmail, false imprisonment and breach of license.
Conrad Jackson, 25, of Woldham Road, Bromley was jailed for 15 years for conspiracy to kidnap, conspiracy to blackmail, false imprisonment, possession of an imitation firearm with intent to case fear of violence and possession with intent to supply a class A drug.
Det Insp Gary Myers said: “I hope today’s sentencing brings the victim some measure of comfort and closure to what must have been a terrifying ordeal.