Islington man Reece Jackson jailed for conspiracy to kidnap and blackmail
- Credit: polci
A man from Islington has been jailed for over 12 years for his part in a conspiracy to kidnap and blackmail.
Police were called on December 22 2016 to reports of a fight in Plumstead, and witnesses told Inner London Crown Court how they had seen a man being chased and forced into a black Audi by two men.
A relative of the victim described at the time how he had been contacted by the kidnappers who were demanding money for his safe release.
The overnight ordeal saw the victim handcuffed and tied with cables and tape, and assaulted in the car.
Demands for cash and threats of violence continued throughout the night, and shots were fired as part of the threats which included a false report that the victim - a 31-year-old man from Greenwich - had been shot.
You may also want to watch:
He was released at 8.30am the next day when the suspects realised the police were involved.
Reece Jackson, Conrad Jackson (no relation), Zephan Rollins and Amir Zahir were found guilty on March 30 and sentenced today.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 4 Letters: Environment and tenants' manifesto
- 5 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 6 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 7 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 8 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 9 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
- 10 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
Reece Jackson, 25, of Holly Park Estate, Crouch Hill, was jailed for 12 and a half years for conspiracy to kidnap, conspiracy to blackmail, false imprisonment and possession of an imitation firearm with intent to case fear of violence.
Amir Sahir, 30, of Tuam Road, Greenwich, was jailed for 10 years for conspiracy to kidnap, conspiracy to blackmail and false imprisonment.
Zephan Rollins. 29, of Canadian Avenue, Catford, was jailed for 11 years for conspiracy to kidnap, conspiracy to blackmail, false imprisonment and breach of license.
Conrad Jackson, 25, of Woldham Road, Bromley was jailed for 15 years for conspiracy to kidnap, conspiracy to blackmail, false imprisonment, possession of an imitation firearm with intent to case fear of violence and possession with intent to supply a class A drug.
Det Insp Gary Myers said: “I hope today’s sentencing brings the victim some measure of comfort and closure to what must have been a terrifying ordeal.