Islington man Reece Jackson jailed for conspiracy to kidnap and blackmail
- Credit: polci
A man from Islington has been jailed for over 12 years for his part in a conspiracy to kidnap and blackmail.
Police were called on December 22 2016 to reports of a fight in Plumstead, and witnesses told Inner London Crown Court how they had seen a man being chased and forced into a black Audi by two men.
A relative of the victim described at the time how he had been contacted by the kidnappers who were demanding money for his safe release.
The overnight ordeal saw the victim handcuffed and tied with cables and tape, and assaulted in the car.
Demands for cash and threats of violence continued throughout the night, and shots were fired as part of the threats which included a false report that the victim - a 31-year-old man from Greenwich - had been shot.
You may also want to watch:
He was released at 8.30am the next day when the suspects realised the police were involved.
Reece Jackson, Conrad Jackson (no relation), Zephan Rollins and Amir Zahir were found guilty on March 30 and sentenced today.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 5 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 6 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 7 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 8 Elthorne Pride community group's back-to-school initiative
- 9 Islington company offers paid leave for miscarriage sufferers
- 10 ESL 'the death of what football should be about', say Arsenal fans
Reece Jackson, 25, of Holly Park Estate, Crouch Hill, was jailed for 12 and a half years for conspiracy to kidnap, conspiracy to blackmail, false imprisonment and possession of an imitation firearm with intent to case fear of violence.
Amir Sahir, 30, of Tuam Road, Greenwich, was jailed for 10 years for conspiracy to kidnap, conspiracy to blackmail and false imprisonment.
Zephan Rollins. 29, of Canadian Avenue, Catford, was jailed for 11 years for conspiracy to kidnap, conspiracy to blackmail, false imprisonment and breach of license.
Conrad Jackson, 25, of Woldham Road, Bromley was jailed for 15 years for conspiracy to kidnap, conspiracy to blackmail, false imprisonment, possession of an imitation firearm with intent to case fear of violence and possession with intent to supply a class A drug.
Det Insp Gary Myers said: “I hope today’s sentencing brings the victim some measure of comfort and closure to what must have been a terrifying ordeal.