Islington moped raider Jamie Farrell jailed over Regent Street Rolex smash and grab
- Credit: Archant
A Cally moped crook has been sentenced to eight years in jail for his part in last month’s Regent Street jeweller’s raid.
Jamie Farrell, 31, of Havelock Street, was one of six men on three mopeds who smashed Watches of Switzerland armed with knives on June 5.
Twenty-nine Rolex watches worth £440,000 were stolen. The robbers scattered when cops saw them, and Farrell was detained. As he ran away, he was seen to abandon gloves, a crash helmet and a bag of 11 watches.
Later on, police found a further six Rolex watches at an address in Islington, near to where a moped had been abandoned. Seventeen of the 29, worth £300,000, have been recovered.
Farrell was sentenced at Southwark Crown Court on Monday, having already pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit robbery and possession of an offensive weapon. None of his accomplices have been caught.
You may also want to watch:
Det Cons Phelim Redmond said: “I’d like to thank members of the public who helped identify Farrell and items of clothing and stolen goods he discarded as he fled the scene.”
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 ESL 'the death of what football should be about', say Arsenal fans
- 7 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 8 Chamber music and arts festival scheduled for Islington this summer
- 9 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 10 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed