Islington murder: Young woman dies after being slashed in throat
- Credit: Archant
A man is being held on suspicion of murdering a young woman who was found slashed in the throat last night.
Scotland Yard said the woman was found shortly before midnight on Sunday with knife wounds to her neck at an address in Jessop Court, Graham Street.
Police and medics from London’s Air Ambulance battled to save her but she was pronounced dead shortly afterwards.
The Met was today working to trace her family.
A 31-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is being questioned at a north London police station.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the woman’s death is asked to call the police on 020 8345 3734 or phone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 5 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 6 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Stephen Lawrence Day: Time for racial equality in further education
- 10 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed