Islington murder: Young woman dies after being slashed in throat
- Credit: Archant
A man is being held on suspicion of murdering a young woman who was found slashed in the throat last night.
Scotland Yard said the woman was found shortly before midnight on Sunday with knife wounds to her neck at an address in Jessop Court, Graham Street.
Police and medics from London’s Air Ambulance battled to save her but she was pronounced dead shortly afterwards.
The Met was today working to trace her family.
A 31-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is being questioned at a north London police station.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the woman’s death is asked to call the police on 020 8345 3734 or phone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 4 How much do you know about Islington?
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 10 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement