Islington murder: Young woman dies after being slashed in throat
- Credit: Archant
A man is being held on suspicion of murdering a young woman who was found slashed in the throat last night.
Scotland Yard said the woman was found shortly before midnight on Sunday with knife wounds to her neck at an address in Jessop Court, Graham Street.
Police and medics from London’s Air Ambulance battled to save her but she was pronounced dead shortly afterwards.
The Met was today working to trace her family.
A 31-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is being questioned at a north London police station.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the woman’s death is asked to call the police on 020 8345 3734 or phone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 6 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story
- 10 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party