Islington police chief launches webchat
Residents will have the chance to put their views to the borough’s top cop in a webchat next week.
The Gazette has teamed up with Islington police for the pilot event on Thursday (January 19).
Islington Police borough commander, Mike Wise, will be answering questions and listening to concerns live between 6.30pm and 8pm.
Questions for the event, which will be chaired by Will Perrin of local website kingscrossenvironment.com, can also be submitted in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Supt Mike Wise said: “We want as many people as possible to be able to talk to us about any policing issues in Islington that affect them and help us direct policing resources into specific areas.
You may also want to watch:
“Using this medium, I hope, will give more people an opportunity to speak to their local police.”
If successful, the webchat –the first of its kind in London – could become a regular fixture.
- 1 Can you help identify this man?
- 2 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 3 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 4 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 5 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 6 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway
- 7 Church closes Highgate path over 'antisocial behaviour and assault'
- 8 Islington Council racked up nearly £500,000 from LTN fines in 4 months
- 9 Climate change: Nurture nature
- 10 Alex Smith murder: Abdirahman Ibrahim found guilty
n To join the webchat visit www.islingtongazette.co.uk and follow the link.