Islington smash and grab raider sues police for injury
A convicted smash and grab raider is suing the police for an injury he sustained as he was arrested.
Dean Cole, 24, of Cornwallis Square, Archway, has launched legal action against the Met Police, claiming officers injured his leg as they apprehended him during a raid on the Chanel store in Mayfair last year.
He was part of an Islington ring which in total stole more than �1million worth of goods during 46 raids on West End stores, which also included Apple, Christian Dior and Dolce & Gabbana, between April and October 2011.
Cole pleaded guilty to conspiracy to burgle earlier this year and is set to be sentenced in January.
A Met Police spokesman said: “We can confirm that, as of late November 2012, Metropolitan Police Service has been served with a claim form by solicitors representing Dean Cole - we await further details of that claim.
“As with all claims, once the full details have been received then the MPS will assess them. If a claim is without merit we will defend it vigorously.”
- 1 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 2 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 3 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 4 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 5 More than 18,000 Covid breach fines issued by Met during lockdowns
- 6 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 7 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 8 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 10 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids