Islington smash and grab raider sues police for injury
A convicted smash and grab raider is suing the police for an injury he sustained as he was arrested.
Dean Cole, 24, of Cornwallis Square, Archway, has launched legal action against the Met Police, claiming officers injured his leg as they apprehended him during a raid on the Chanel store in Mayfair last year.
He was part of an Islington ring which in total stole more than �1million worth of goods during 46 raids on West End stores, which also included Apple, Christian Dior and Dolce & Gabbana, between April and October 2011.
Cole pleaded guilty to conspiracy to burgle earlier this year and is set to be sentenced in January.
A Met Police spokesman said: “We can confirm that, as of late November 2012, Metropolitan Police Service has been served with a claim form by solicitors representing Dean Cole - we await further details of that claim.
You may also want to watch:
“As with all claims, once the full details have been received then the MPS will assess them. If a claim is without merit we will defend it vigorously.”
- 1 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 4 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 5 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 6 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 7 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 8 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 9 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
- 10 Designated Covid care setting celebrates intervention on insurance issues