Islington smash and grab raider sues police for injury
A convicted smash and grab raider is suing the police for an injury he sustained as he was arrested.
Dean Cole, 24, of Cornwallis Square, Archway, has launched legal action against the Met Police, claiming officers injured his leg as they apprehended him during a raid on the Chanel store in Mayfair last year.
He was part of an Islington ring which in total stole more than �1million worth of goods during 46 raids on West End stores, which also included Apple, Christian Dior and Dolce & Gabbana, between April and October 2011.
Cole pleaded guilty to conspiracy to burgle earlier this year and is set to be sentenced in January.
A Met Police spokesman said: “We can confirm that, as of late November 2012, Metropolitan Police Service has been served with a claim form by solicitors representing Dean Cole - we await further details of that claim.
You may also want to watch:
“As with all claims, once the full details have been received then the MPS will assess them. If a claim is without merit we will defend it vigorously.”
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?