Islington smash and grab raider sues police for injury
A convicted smash and grab raider is suing the police for an injury he sustained as he was arrested.
Dean Cole, 24, of Cornwallis Square, Archway, has launched legal action against the Met Police, claiming officers injured his leg as they apprehended him during a raid on the Chanel store in Mayfair last year.
He was part of an Islington ring which in total stole more than �1million worth of goods during 46 raids on West End stores, which also included Apple, Christian Dior and Dolce & Gabbana, between April and October 2011.
Cole pleaded guilty to conspiracy to burgle earlier this year and is set to be sentenced in January.
A Met Police spokesman said: “We can confirm that, as of late November 2012, Metropolitan Police Service has been served with a claim form by solicitors representing Dean Cole - we await further details of that claim.
You may also want to watch:
“As with all claims, once the full details have been received then the MPS will assess them. If a claim is without merit we will defend it vigorously.”
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 8 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington