Islington smash and grab raider sues police for injury
A convicted smash and grab raider is suing the police for an injury he sustained as he was arrested.
Dean Cole, 24, of Cornwallis Square, Archway, has launched legal action against the Met Police, claiming officers injured his leg as they apprehended him during a raid on the Chanel store in Mayfair last year.
He was part of an Islington ring which in total stole more than �1million worth of goods during 46 raids on West End stores, which also included Apple, Christian Dior and Dolce & Gabbana, between April and October 2011.
Cole pleaded guilty to conspiracy to burgle earlier this year and is set to be sentenced in January.
A Met Police spokesman said: “We can confirm that, as of late November 2012, Metropolitan Police Service has been served with a claim form by solicitors representing Dean Cole - we await further details of that claim.
You may also want to watch:
“As with all claims, once the full details have been received then the MPS will assess them. If a claim is without merit we will defend it vigorously.”
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 7 ESL 'the death of what football should be about', say Arsenal fans
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Elthorne Pride community group's back-to-school initiative
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'