Haul of knives found in Islington stop and search
- Credit: Met Police
More than 30 knives were seized by police after a stop and search in Islington.
At 5.35pm yesterday (December 10), Met Police officers were patrolling N5 when they searched a 16-year-old.
Inside a box they found 15 hunting knives, and inside a property they subsequently searched, they found another 15.
A 15-year-old was also searched inside the property, and a lock knife found.
The two teenagers were both arrested for possession of an offensive weapon.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Pete Luciano of the violent crime taskforce said: “The seizure of these 31 weapons will have undoubtedly prevented them from being used in acts of violence and potentially even saved lives.
“Our officers are patrolling areas known for violence and this case proves the value of intelligence-led stop and search.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 4 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 5 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
“Reducing serious violence is the Met’s top priority and I hope the community feel reassured we were able to remove these weapons from the streets.”