Iuliana Tudos: Kasim Lewis appears in court accused of murdering barmaid in Finsbury Park
- Credit: PA
The man charged with the murder of 22-year-old barmaid Iuliana Tudos in Finsbury Park has appeared in court.
Kasim Lewis, 31, of Friern Barnet, made his first appearance in the dock at Westminster Magistrates’ Court today after being arrested in Dalston on New Year’s Day.
The hearing lasted 90 seconds, during which he spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth, address and nationality. He has been remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Friday.
Iuliana was killed after leaving friends to go home at 8pm on Christmas Eve. She was due to meet up with them again later in Enfield for Christmas Day celebrations but didn’t show up and was reported missing. CCTV footage showed her on the periphery of the park shortly after 8.20pm and her body was discovered on Wednesday in a hut near the softball pitches, yards from her home in Upper Tollington Park.
A post-mortem found she died of a stab wound to the abdomen and a head injury.
You may also want to watch:
More than £17,000 has been raised to pay for the funeral of Iuliana, known as Julie, who worked on the bar at Camden rock pub The World’s End.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?