Iuliana Tudos: Kasim Lewis to face murder trial in June over Finsbury Park barmaid death
- Credit: PA
The man accused of murdering Iuliana Tudos in Finsbury Park over Christmas will face trial in June.
Kasim Lewis, 31, allegedly killed the 22-year-old barmaid between Christmas Eve and December 27.
Wearing a grey jumper, Lewis, of Friern Barnet, today appeared at the Old Bailey via video link from Wandsworth Prison. He spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth and that he was a British national.
He remained expressionless throughout the hearing, only raising his right eyebrow at one point.
Iuliana, of Upper Tollington Park, had gone missing after finishing a shift at Camden pub The World’s End at 8pm on December 24. She was due to meet friends later in Enfield to celebrate Christmas but didn’t turn up.
You may also want to watch:
Iuliana’s body was found by a friend on Wednesday last week, while she was retracing Iuliana’s route home.
Prosecutor Jonathan Polnay said: “She was found to have suffered very significant injuries that were self evidently not accidental.”
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 4 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
Lewis was remanded in custody with a trial date set for June 11.