Iuliana Tudos: Kasim Lewis to face murder trial in June over Finsbury Park barmaid death
- Credit: PA
The man accused of murdering Iuliana Tudos in Finsbury Park over Christmas will face trial in June.
Kasim Lewis, 31, allegedly killed the 22-year-old barmaid between Christmas Eve and December 27.
Wearing a grey jumper, Lewis, of Friern Barnet, today appeared at the Old Bailey via video link from Wandsworth Prison. He spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth and that he was a British national.
He remained expressionless throughout the hearing, only raising his right eyebrow at one point.
Iuliana, of Upper Tollington Park, had gone missing after finishing a shift at Camden pub The World’s End at 8pm on December 24. She was due to meet friends later in Enfield to celebrate Christmas but didn’t turn up.
You may also want to watch:
Iuliana’s body was found by a friend on Wednesday last week, while she was retracing Iuliana’s route home.
Prosecutor Jonathan Polnay said: “She was found to have suffered very significant injuries that were self evidently not accidental.”
- 1 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 2 Can you help identify this man?
- 3 Shops, pubs and hairdressers reopen across Islington today
- 4 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 6 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 7 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 8 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 9 Shannon Courtenay crowned WBA Bantamweight World Champion
- 10 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway
Lewis was remanded in custody with a trial date set for June 11.