Iuliana Tudos: Kasim Lewis to face murder trial in June over Finsbury Park barmaid death
- Credit: PA
The man accused of murdering Iuliana Tudos in Finsbury Park over Christmas will face trial in June.
Kasim Lewis, 31, allegedly killed the 22-year-old barmaid between Christmas Eve and December 27.
Wearing a grey jumper, Lewis, of Friern Barnet, today appeared at the Old Bailey via video link from Wandsworth Prison. He spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth and that he was a British national.
He remained expressionless throughout the hearing, only raising his right eyebrow at one point.
Iuliana, of Upper Tollington Park, had gone missing after finishing a shift at Camden pub The World’s End at 8pm on December 24. She was due to meet friends later in Enfield to celebrate Christmas but didn’t turn up.
You may also want to watch:
Iuliana’s body was found by a friend on Wednesday last week, while she was retracing Iuliana’s route home.
Prosecutor Jonathan Polnay said: “She was found to have suffered very significant injuries that were self evidently not accidental.”
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 7 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 8 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 9 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green
Lewis was remanded in custody with a trial date set for June 11.