Iuliana Tudos: Kasim Lewis to face murder trial in June over Finsbury Park barmaid death
- Credit: PA
The man accused of murdering Iuliana Tudos in Finsbury Park over Christmas will face trial in June.
Kasim Lewis, 31, allegedly killed the 22-year-old barmaid between Christmas Eve and December 27.
Wearing a grey jumper, Lewis, of Friern Barnet, today appeared at the Old Bailey via video link from Wandsworth Prison. He spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth and that he was a British national.
He remained expressionless throughout the hearing, only raising his right eyebrow at one point.
Iuliana, of Upper Tollington Park, had gone missing after finishing a shift at Camden pub The World’s End at 8pm on December 24. She was due to meet friends later in Enfield to celebrate Christmas but didn’t turn up.
Iuliana’s body was found by a friend on Wednesday last week, while she was retracing Iuliana’s route home.
Prosecutor Jonathan Polnay said: “She was found to have suffered very significant injuries that were self evidently not accidental.”
- 1 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 2 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 3 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
- 4 Polio virus found in Islington sewage
- 5 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 6 Murder investigation after teenager stabbed in Islington park
- 7 Hospital trust increasingly reliant on international medical staff
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 'Extremely distressing': Council leader's shock after Highbury Fields stabbing
- 10 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
Lewis was remanded in custody with a trial date set for June 11.