Iuliana Tudos: Man charged with murdering 22-year-old barmaid in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
A 31-year-old man has been charged with murdering Iuliana Tudos in Finsbury Park.
Kasim Lewis, of Friern Barnet, will appear in custody at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court tomorrow. He was arrested in Dalston yesterday.
Iuliana, 22, was killed after leaving friends to go home at 8pm on Christmas Eve. She was due to go to her friend’s to spend Christmas later that night but didn’t show up and was reported missing.
Her body was discovered on Wednesday in a hut near the softball pitches of the park, yards from her home in Upper Tollington Park. She had been stabbed and suffered head injuries.
More than £16,000 has been raised to pay for the funeral of Iuliana, also known as Julie, who worked on the bar at Camden rock pub The World’s End.
Extra officers have been patrolling Finsbury Park in the wake of her death to reassure locals who have long been raising safety fears over the fact some of the park gates aren’t shut at night.
- 1 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 2 'Let's avoid another lockdown': Warning for Islington to be cautious
- 3 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 4 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 5 Meet the Islington-based Rangers fans who are helping food banks
- 6 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 7 'No apology': Beloved Islington hedge sawn in half by council contractor
- 8 Moorfields patient receives world’s first 3D printed prosthetic eye
- 9 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 10 Which Underground lines are affected today