Iuliana Tudos: Man charged with murdering 22-year-old barmaid in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
A 31-year-old man has been charged with murdering Iuliana Tudos in Finsbury Park.
Kasim Lewis, of Friern Barnet, will appear in custody at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court tomorrow. He was arrested in Dalston yesterday.
Iuliana, 22, was killed after leaving friends to go home at 8pm on Christmas Eve. She was due to go to her friend’s to spend Christmas later that night but didn’t show up and was reported missing.
Her body was discovered on Wednesday in a hut near the softball pitches of the park, yards from her home in Upper Tollington Park. She had been stabbed and suffered head injuries.
More than £16,000 has been raised to pay for the funeral of Iuliana, also known as Julie, who worked on the bar at Camden rock pub The World’s End.
You may also want to watch:
Extra officers have been patrolling Finsbury Park in the wake of her death to reassure locals who have long been raising safety fears over the fact some of the park gates aren’t shut at night.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 ESL 'the death of what football should be about', say Arsenal fans
- 7 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 8 Chamber music and arts festival scheduled for Islington this summer
- 9 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 10 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill