Iuliana Tudos: Man charged with murdering 22-year-old barmaid in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
A 31-year-old man has been charged with murdering Iuliana Tudos in Finsbury Park.
Kasim Lewis, of Friern Barnet, will appear in custody at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court tomorrow. He was arrested in Dalston yesterday.
Iuliana, 22, was killed after leaving friends to go home at 8pm on Christmas Eve. She was due to go to her friend’s to spend Christmas later that night but didn’t show up and was reported missing.
Her body was discovered on Wednesday in a hut near the softball pitches of the park, yards from her home in Upper Tollington Park. She had been stabbed and suffered head injuries.
More than £16,000 has been raised to pay for the funeral of Iuliana, also known as Julie, who worked on the bar at Camden rock pub The World’s End.
You may also want to watch:
Extra officers have been patrolling Finsbury Park in the wake of her death to reassure locals who have long been raising safety fears over the fact some of the park gates aren’t shut at night.
- 1 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 2 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 5 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 6 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 7 Islington charity choir smashes fundraising target with help from Brian Eno
- 8 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 9 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 10 Islington dancer recounts apartheid struggles in new book