Iuliana Tudos: Man charged with murdering 22-year-old barmaid in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
A 31-year-old man has been charged with murdering Iuliana Tudos in Finsbury Park.
Kasim Lewis, of Friern Barnet, will appear in custody at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court tomorrow. He was arrested in Dalston yesterday.
Iuliana, 22, was killed after leaving friends to go home at 8pm on Christmas Eve. She was due to go to her friend’s to spend Christmas later that night but didn’t show up and was reported missing.
Her body was discovered on Wednesday in a hut near the softball pitches of the park, yards from her home in Upper Tollington Park. She had been stabbed and suffered head injuries.
More than £16,000 has been raised to pay for the funeral of Iuliana, also known as Julie, who worked on the bar at Camden rock pub The World’s End.
You may also want to watch:
Extra officers have been patrolling Finsbury Park in the wake of her death to reassure locals who have long been raising safety fears over the fact some of the park gates aren’t shut at night.
- 1 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 7 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 8 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 9 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 10 Jungle Cruise (12A)