Jail for lawyer who smuggled drugs into Pentonville Prison
A lawyer who smuggled illicit goods into Pentonville Prison in oversized shoes has been jailed for six years.
Ritesh Brahmbhatt, 31, took mobile phones, high-strength cannabis and the stimulant mephedrone into the prison in Holloway in a pair of size 12 slip-ons.
He was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on March 12. Last July he admitted two counts of conspiracy to convey prohibited articles into the prison, and a further charge relating to a prison in Winchester.
Brahmbhatt, of Ilford, was dismissed by law firm Mordi and Co in Holloway Road, Holloway.
Prosecutor Mark James-Dawson said Brahmbhatt was motivated by money.
You may also want to watch:
Four of his associates who took part in the conspiracies were jailed for between three and five years each.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 9 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
- 10 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists