Jail for lawyer who smuggled drugs into Pentonville Prison
A lawyer who smuggled illicit goods into Pentonville Prison in oversized shoes has been jailed for six years.
Ritesh Brahmbhatt, 31, took mobile phones, high-strength cannabis and the stimulant mephedrone into the prison in Holloway in a pair of size 12 slip-ons.
He was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on March 12. Last July he admitted two counts of conspiracy to convey prohibited articles into the prison, and a further charge relating to a prison in Winchester.
Brahmbhatt, of Ilford, was dismissed by law firm Mordi and Co in Holloway Road, Holloway.
Prosecutor Mark James-Dawson said Brahmbhatt was motivated by money.
You may also want to watch:
Four of his associates who took part in the conspiracies were jailed for between three and five years each.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years