Jail for lawyer who smuggled drugs into Pentonville Prison
A lawyer who smuggled illicit goods into Pentonville Prison in oversized shoes has been jailed for six years.
Ritesh Brahmbhatt, 31, took mobile phones, high-strength cannabis and the stimulant mephedrone into the prison in Holloway in a pair of size 12 slip-ons.
He was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on March 12. Last July he admitted two counts of conspiracy to convey prohibited articles into the prison, and a further charge relating to a prison in Winchester.
Brahmbhatt, of Ilford, was dismissed by law firm Mordi and Co in Holloway Road, Holloway.
Prosecutor Mark James-Dawson said Brahmbhatt was motivated by money.
You may also want to watch:
Four of his associates who took part in the conspiracies were jailed for between three and five years each.
- 1 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 2 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 5 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 6 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 7 Islington charity choir smashes fundraising target with help from Brian Eno
- 8 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 9 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 10 Islington dancer recounts apartheid struggles in new book