Jail for lawyer who smuggled drugs into Pentonville Prison
A lawyer who smuggled illicit goods into Pentonville Prison in oversized shoes has been jailed for six years.
Ritesh Brahmbhatt, 31, took mobile phones, high-strength cannabis and the stimulant mephedrone into the prison in Holloway in a pair of size 12 slip-ons.
He was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on March 12. Last July he admitted two counts of conspiracy to convey prohibited articles into the prison, and a further charge relating to a prison in Winchester.
Brahmbhatt, of Ilford, was dismissed by law firm Mordi and Co in Holloway Road, Holloway.
Prosecutor Mark James-Dawson said Brahmbhatt was motivated by money.
You may also want to watch:
Four of his associates who took part in the conspiracies were jailed for between three and five years each.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 5 ESL 'the death of what football should be about', say Arsenal fans
- 6 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 7 Chamber music and arts festival scheduled for Islington this summer
- 8 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 9 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 10 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill