Jessop Court killing: Man, 32, in court charged with stab murder of Elidona Demiraj
- Credit: Archant
A man accused of murdering a woman by stabbing her in the throat in her Islington flat has appeared in court.
Arben Rexha, 32, was charged over the death on Sunday of Elidona Demiraj, 25, in Jessop Court.
Rexha, also of Jessop Court, appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday and was remanded in custody. He will be back at the same court on April 21 to enter a plea.
Neighbours on Monday told the Gazette how Albanian national Ms Demiraj had only recently moved in to the tower block.
Her next-door neighbour Tracy Baxter, 49, said: “She was locked out of the flat only on Saturday afternoon. We invited her in to ours for a coffee.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Demiraj was found with stab wounds late the following night. Medics battled to save her but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Other neighbours spoke of hearing “loud screams” and “a thump”.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
- 8 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 9 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 10 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
Pick up this week’s Gazette for more on this story.