Jessop Court killing: Man, 32, in court charged with stab murder of Elidona Demiraj
- Credit: Archant
A man accused of murdering a woman by stabbing her in the throat in her Islington flat has appeared in court.
Arben Rexha, 32, was charged over the death on Sunday of Elidona Demiraj, 25, in Jessop Court.
Rexha, also of Jessop Court, appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday and was remanded in custody. He will be back at the same court on April 21 to enter a plea.
Neighbours on Monday told the Gazette how Albanian national Ms Demiraj had only recently moved in to the tower block.
Her next-door neighbour Tracy Baxter, 49, said: “She was locked out of the flat only on Saturday afternoon. We invited her in to ours for a coffee.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Demiraj was found with stab wounds late the following night. Medics battled to save her but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Other neighbours spoke of hearing “loud screams” and “a thump”.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
Pick up this week’s Gazette for more on this story.