JJ McPhillips: Murder police make two more arrests over Upper Street stabbing of young dad
- Credit: Archant
Murder detectives investigating the killing of Jonathon “JJ” McPhillips have made two more arrests.
JJ was stabbed in Upper Street in the early hours of Saturday February 25, and died the following Wednesday.
The father-of-two reportedly stepped in when a gang picked a fight with his friends but was knifed along with a 17-year-old boy, who suffered minor injuries.
A 19-year-old man has today been arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody. Another man, 45, is being held on suspicion of assisting an offender.
It follows the arrest of a 24-year-old man on suspicion of murder earlier this month. He has been bailed until mid-April.
You may also want to watch:
The Met’s murder squad, led by Det Ch Insp Dave Whellams, are still investigating.
Any who witnessed the stabbing or has any information is asked to call 020 8345 3775, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Can you help identify this man?
- 2 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway
- 3 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 4 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 5 Church closes Highgate path over 'antisocial behaviour and assault'
- 6 Climate change: Nurture nature
- 7 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 8 Islington pays tribute to Prince Philip who has died, aged 99
- 9 Alex Smith murder: Abdirahman Ibrahim found guilty
- 10 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe