JJ McPhillips: Murder police make two more arrests over Upper Street stabbing of young dad
- Credit: Archant
Murder detectives investigating the killing of Jonathon “JJ” McPhillips have made two more arrests.
JJ was stabbed in Upper Street in the early hours of Saturday February 25, and died the following Wednesday.
The father-of-two reportedly stepped in when a gang picked a fight with his friends but was knifed along with a 17-year-old boy, who suffered minor injuries.
A 19-year-old man has today been arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody. Another man, 45, is being held on suspicion of assisting an offender.
It follows the arrest of a 24-year-old man on suspicion of murder earlier this month. He has been bailed until mid-April.
You may also want to watch:
The Met’s murder squad, led by Det Ch Insp Dave Whellams, are still investigating.
Any who witnessed the stabbing or has any information is asked to call 020 8345 3775, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 7 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder