JJ McPhillips: Murder police make two more arrests over Upper Street stabbing of young dad
- Credit: Archant
Murder detectives investigating the killing of Jonathon “JJ” McPhillips have made two more arrests.
JJ was stabbed in Upper Street in the early hours of Saturday February 25, and died the following Wednesday.
The father-of-two reportedly stepped in when a gang picked a fight with his friends but was knifed along with a 17-year-old boy, who suffered minor injuries.
A 19-year-old man has today been arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody. Another man, 45, is being held on suspicion of assisting an offender.
It follows the arrest of a 24-year-old man on suspicion of murder earlier this month. He has been bailed until mid-April.
You may also want to watch:
The Met’s murder squad, led by Det Ch Insp Dave Whellams, are still investigating.
Any who witnessed the stabbing or has any information is asked to call 020 8345 3775, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury roundabout is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 4 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 9 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 10 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'