JJ McPhillips: Murder police make two more arrests over Upper Street stabbing of young dad
- Credit: Archant
Murder detectives investigating the killing of Jonathon “JJ” McPhillips have made two more arrests.
JJ was stabbed in Upper Street in the early hours of Saturday February 25, and died the following Wednesday.
The father-of-two reportedly stepped in when a gang picked a fight with his friends but was knifed along with a 17-year-old boy, who suffered minor injuries.
A 19-year-old man has today been arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody. Another man, 45, is being held on suspicion of assisting an offender.
It follows the arrest of a 24-year-old man on suspicion of murder earlier this month. He has been bailed until mid-April.
You may also want to watch:
The Met’s murder squad, led by Det Ch Insp Dave Whellams, are still investigating.
Any who witnessed the stabbing or has any information is asked to call 020 8345 3775, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 2 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 7 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham