Join Islington Police for a pioneering live webchat
Islington’s police chief will be answering your questions tonight (Thursday) from 6.30pm until 8pm. Don’t miss your chance to have a say!
Residents have the chance to put their views to the borough’s top cop in a live webchat tonight (Thursday) for the first time.
The Gazette has teamed up with Islington police and Will Perrin of the website King’s Cross Environment for the pilot event in which borough commander Chief Supt Mike Wise will be fielding questions between 6.30pm and 8pm.
If successful, the event could become a regular fixture.
Chief Supt Mike Wise wants the public to raise any policing issues that they think need addressing locally as well as any ideas they have on initiatives that could benefit the borough.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We want as many people as possible to be able to talk to us about any policing issues in Islington that affect them and help us direct policing resources into specific areas.
“Using this medium, I hope, will give more people an opportunity to speak to their local police.”
- 1 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 2 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
To join this evening’s webchat click on the link on the right hand side of this page.
If you are unable to take part but still want a questioned answered, email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.