Jordan Bari: Two Islington men among trio cleared of killing talented martial arts fighter
- Credit: Lisa Bari
Two Islington men and a third from east London have been acquitted of killing a talented martial artist.
An Old Bailey jury found Abdallah Salaheedin, 29, formerly of Spring Gardens, Highbury, now of Blackboy Lane, Tottenham; and Bobby Lawrence, 21, of Canonbury Street, Canonbury, not guilty of the manslaughter of Jordan Bari and of possession of a firearm with intent.
Billy Flynn, 24, of Laburnum Walk, Hornchurch, was also acquitted of the same charges.
Twenty-year-old Jordan, from Stratford’s East Village, was shot dead while answering the door of a flat in William Rathbone House, Bethnal Green, on October 3.
A talented Tang Soo Do fighter, he had trained for many years at the London Black Belt Academy at Newham Leisure Centre.
You may also want to watch:
At the time of his death he had recently finished a Level 3 BTEC course in sport at Barking and Dagenham College and was working six days a week at the Captain’s Table, a fish and chip shop in Poplar.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 7 Meet Charrli - the Islington start-up facilitating zero-waste shopping
- 8 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 9 Arsenal youngsters Hennessy and Goldie selected for England under 19s
- 10 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’