Jordan Bari: Two Islington men among trio cleared of killing talented martial arts fighter
- Credit: Lisa Bari
Two Islington men and a third from east London have been acquitted of killing a talented martial artist.
An Old Bailey jury found Abdallah Salaheedin, 29, formerly of Spring Gardens, Highbury, now of Blackboy Lane, Tottenham; and Bobby Lawrence, 21, of Canonbury Street, Canonbury, not guilty of the manslaughter of Jordan Bari and of possession of a firearm with intent.
Billy Flynn, 24, of Laburnum Walk, Hornchurch, was also acquitted of the same charges.
Twenty-year-old Jordan, from Stratford’s East Village, was shot dead while answering the door of a flat in William Rathbone House, Bethnal Green, on October 3.
A talented Tang Soo Do fighter, he had trained for many years at the London Black Belt Academy at Newham Leisure Centre.
You may also want to watch:
At the time of his death he had recently finished a Level 3 BTEC course in sport at Barking and Dagenham College and was working six days a week at the Captain’s Table, a fish and chip shop in Poplar.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years