Kamal Nuur stabbing: Police hunt two youths captured on CCTV racing away from Cally murder scene on a bike
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives investigating the fatal stabbing of an 18-year-old in Cally are seeking the public’s help in tracing two youths captured on CCTV racing away from the murder scene on a bike.
Eighteen-year-old Kamal Nuur was found suffering from stab wounds in North Road just after 8pm on September 14, and died at the scene despite the best efforts of paramedics who treated him there.
A post mortem confirmed he died as a result of stab wounds.
Police believe Kamal was chased and attacked in Goodinge Close by two male suspects, who then fled in the direction of York Way.
CCTV images released by police show two youths in North Road just before 8pm, cycling towards York Way.
You may also want to watch:
They are then seen racing into Brecknock Road before turning onto Leighton Road and speeding along the footpath.
Det Ch Insp Andy Partridge from specialist crime north command said: “These images are significant as we piece together the events that led to the attack on Kamal.
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 3 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Walk with a map
- 7 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 8 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 9 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 10 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
“He suffered horrific injuries in the attack that took place and was set upon for no apparent reason.
“I believe the public can assist in not only telling us where these suspects were heading to, but also someone will know who they are.”
He continued: “Such grotesque, brazen acts of violence cannot be acceptable, and anyone providing information can have the assurance it will be held in the strictest confidence.
“Those responsible do not deserve any protection. Kamal’s family are shocked at his death and will never come to terms with losing him in such a violent way.”
There have not yet been any arrests.
Any witnesses or those with information are asked to call the incident room on 0208 358 033 or 101 with reference CAD 7154/14 Sept.
To remain completely anonymous, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.