Kamal Nuur: Two men charged with Cally murder
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives investigating the fatal stabbing of 18-year-old Kamal Nuur have charged two men with murder.
Kamal was found suffering from stab wounds in North Road in the Cally just after 8pm on September 14 and died at the scene, despite the best efforts of paramedics to save his life.
Melvis Mariano, 21 of no fixed address, who was originally arrested on October 6 has been charged with murder along with Michael Lebbie, 18, of Priory Green, near to Kings Cross, who was arrested on October 10.
A 17-year-old girl, who was arrested on October 6, has been charged with assisting an offender.
The trio were charged yesterday (June 29), and will appear in custody at Highbury Magistrates’ Court today (June 30).
You may also want to watch:
A 21-year-old man, who was arrested as part of the investigation, has been released with no further action.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 6 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 7 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 8 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 9 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week