King’s Cross brothers charged with Dorchester hotel smash and grab
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Two brothers from the King’s Cross area have been charged following an elaborate smash and grab robbery at one of England’s most prestigious five-star hotels.
Reed Roberts, 23, and Skye Roberts, 19, both of Cubitt Street, appeared at Wimbledon Magistrates Court on Saturday, charged with the robbery at Mayfair’s The Dorchester hotel on Thursday, June 10, and possession with intent to supply cannabis.
They are set to appear before a judge at Kingston Crown Court on July 25.
Two men, aged 66 and 27, and a woman aged 46 were also arrested at an address in King’s Cross and have been bailed until September.
The robbery, which happened in the early hours of Thursday morning, allegedly saw six men on three mopeds pull up to the hotel, smash their way through the door and make off with luxury watches and jewellery.
You may also want to watch:
The hotel was hit by a similar smash and grab heist just four weeks earlier.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 6 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 8 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 9 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park