King’s Cross brothers charged with Dorchester hotel smash and grab
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Two brothers from the King’s Cross area have been charged following an elaborate smash and grab robbery at one of England’s most prestigious five-star hotels.
Reed Roberts, 23, and Skye Roberts, 19, both of Cubitt Street, appeared at Wimbledon Magistrates Court on Saturday, charged with the robbery at Mayfair’s The Dorchester hotel on Thursday, June 10, and possession with intent to supply cannabis.
They are set to appear before a judge at Kingston Crown Court on July 25.
Two men, aged 66 and 27, and a woman aged 46 were also arrested at an address in King’s Cross and have been bailed until September.
The robbery, which happened in the early hours of Thursday morning, allegedly saw six men on three mopeds pull up to the hotel, smash their way through the door and make off with luxury watches and jewellery.
You may also want to watch:
The hotel was hit by a similar smash and grab heist just four weeks earlier.
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Walk with a map
- 7 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 8 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 9 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 10 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today