King’s Cross brothers charged with Dorchester hotel smash and grab
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Two brothers from the King’s Cross area have been charged following an elaborate smash and grab robbery at one of England’s most prestigious five-star hotels.
Reed Roberts, 23, and Skye Roberts, 19, both of Cubitt Street, appeared at Wimbledon Magistrates Court on Saturday, charged with the robbery at Mayfair’s The Dorchester hotel on Thursday, June 10, and possession with intent to supply cannabis.
They are set to appear before a judge at Kingston Crown Court on July 25.
Two men, aged 66 and 27, and a woman aged 46 were also arrested at an address in King’s Cross and have been bailed until September.
The robbery, which happened in the early hours of Thursday morning, allegedly saw six men on three mopeds pull up to the hotel, smash their way through the door and make off with luxury watches and jewellery.
You may also want to watch:
The hotel was hit by a similar smash and grab heist just four weeks earlier.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 4 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 5 Letters: Environment and tenants' manifesto
- 6 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 7 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 8 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 9 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 10 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate