King’s Cross brothers charged with Dorchester hotel smash and grab
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Two brothers from the King’s Cross area have been charged following an elaborate smash and grab robbery at one of England’s most prestigious five-star hotels.
Reed Roberts, 23, and Skye Roberts, 19, both of Cubitt Street, appeared at Wimbledon Magistrates Court on Saturday, charged with the robbery at Mayfair’s The Dorchester hotel on Thursday, June 10, and possession with intent to supply cannabis.
They are set to appear before a judge at Kingston Crown Court on July 25.
Two men, aged 66 and 27, and a woman aged 46 were also arrested at an address in King’s Cross and have been bailed until September.
The robbery, which happened in the early hours of Thursday morning, allegedly saw six men on three mopeds pull up to the hotel, smash their way through the door and make off with luxury watches and jewellery.
You may also want to watch:
The hotel was hit by a similar smash and grab heist just four weeks earlier.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 5 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 6 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?