King’s Cross man charged with murder of Sam Fitzgerald in Islington
A MAN was charged with murder yesterday over the killing of a man outside a pub in April last year.
Anthony Leader, 20, of Sidmouth Street, King’s Cross, is accused of stabbing to death Sam Fitzgerald, also 20, outside The Thornhill Arms pub in Wynford Road, Islington, on April 14 last year.
The cause of death was a single stab wound to the stomach, spleen and aorta.
Leader is currently serving a four year prison sentence for his part in a robbery on a West End jewellery shop.
A gang of six men on three motorbikes drove up to Ernest Jones, in Oxford Street, in September 2009, smashed their way into the store with sledgehammers, and stole �332,000 worth of designer watches.
You may also want to watch:
Leader was one of five men jailed last July over the raid.
- 1 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 6 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale