Knifeman shot by police in Islington named as Haringey man
- Credit: PA
A man who was shot dead by police in Islington, has been named as 40-year-old Dean Joseph.
Mr Joseph – who was shot twice by a Met marksman in Shepperton Road, Islington on September 5 – was identified by family members at Poplar mortuary on Friday.
He had been holding his former partner, a woman in her 50s, at knifepoint against a wall in her flat when he was shot.
It is believed the woman had a restraining order against Mr Joseph, of Northumberland Park, Haringey, due to a history of domestic violence.
The IPCC is investigating the circumstances surrounding Mr Joseph’s death and investigators have spoken to over 30 witnesses who saw or heard events connected to the fatal shooting in Shepperton Road, Islington.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest into Mr Joseph’s death is yet to open.
- 1 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 2 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 5 Crime plummeted in Islington during Covid pandemic, new figures reveal
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 8 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 9 David Dein: Former Arsenal chief shares top tips for success
- 10 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'