Lee Jay Hatley murder: Police hunting Bradley Wood, 24, over Dover Court Estate stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the murder of Lee Jay Hatley on the Dover Court Estate want to speak to this man.
Lee Jay, 29, was attacked in a flat in Westcliff House in the early hours of Monday and died hours later in hospital.
A murder investigation has been launched and police are hunting Bradley Wood, 24, who was last known to be living in the borough but also has links to Northampton.
Anyone who sees him has been told not to approach him and call 999 immediately.
Wood is white, slim and 5ft 7ins tall. He has fair hair and blue eyes and has a small scar on his right elbow and another small scar on his top lip.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp Dave Whellams, who is leading the investigation, said: “I would like to reassure the public that work is continuing to piece together the events that led up to this brutal murder.
“At this early stage, we know a small group of people had gathered in a flat and that in the early hours of Monday morning a man received a number of stab wounds to the upper body.
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 3 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 4 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
“We are now urgently trying to trace Bradley Wood in connection with our investigation.
“Anyone with information on is whereabouts is urged to contact the police or Crimestoppers. This male should not be approached.”
A 22-year-old woman was also stabbed and is still in hospital. She was initially arrested on suspicion of attempted murder but police now believe her to be another victim and will take no further action.
A 53-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender has been released.
Anyone with any information can call 020 8345 3775, or police via 101 or Twitter @MetCC. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org.