Lee Jay Hatley stabbing: Bradley Mark Wood to appear in court charged with murder and attempted murder
- Credit: police
Detectives investigating the fatal stabbing of Lee Jay Hatley at Canonbury’s Dover Court Estate have charged a man with murder.
The 29-year-old of Morland Mews in Barnsbury was stabbed repeatedly in a Westcliff House flat in Baxter Road in the early hours of last Monday morning where a group of people had gathered.
Police rushed the father-of-one to hospital but he died hours later.
Bradley Mark Wood, 24 of no fixed abode, was charged on Saturday with murder and the attempted murder of a 22-year-old woman.
He will appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court this morning.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was initially arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, but is now being treated as a victim.
She remains in hospital and her injuries are described as not life-threatening.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
- 7 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 8 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
A 53-year-old man had been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender but has since been released.
A fundraising page set up to raise cash to pay for Lee Jay’s funeral has raised £2,540.
Lee J was a close friend of Jonathon “JJ” McPhillips who was stabbed to death in Upper Street in February.