Lee Jay Hatley stabbing: Bradley Mark Wood to appear in court charged with murder and attempted murder
- Credit: police
Detectives investigating the fatal stabbing of Lee Jay Hatley at Canonbury’s Dover Court Estate have charged a man with murder.
The 29-year-old of Morland Mews in Barnsbury was stabbed repeatedly in a Westcliff House flat in Baxter Road in the early hours of last Monday morning where a group of people had gathered.
Police rushed the father-of-one to hospital but he died hours later.
Bradley Mark Wood, 24 of no fixed abode, was charged on Saturday with murder and the attempted murder of a 22-year-old woman.
He will appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court this morning.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was initially arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, but is now being treated as a victim.
She remains in hospital and her injuries are described as not life-threatening.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Finsbury Park drugs misuse centre put into special measures
- 6 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 7 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 8 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios
A 53-year-old man had been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender but has since been released.
A fundraising page set up to raise cash to pay for Lee Jay’s funeral has raised £2,540.
Lee J was a close friend of Jonathon “JJ” McPhillips who was stabbed to death in Upper Street in February.