Lee Jay Hatley stabbing: Bradley Mark Wood to appear in court charged with murder and attempted murder
- Credit: police
Detectives investigating the fatal stabbing of Lee Jay Hatley at Canonbury’s Dover Court Estate have charged a man with murder.
The 29-year-old of Morland Mews in Barnsbury was stabbed repeatedly in a Westcliff House flat in Baxter Road in the early hours of last Monday morning where a group of people had gathered.
Police rushed the father-of-one to hospital but he died hours later.
Bradley Mark Wood, 24 of no fixed abode, was charged on Saturday with murder and the attempted murder of a 22-year-old woman.
He will appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court this morning.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was initially arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, but is now being treated as a victim.
She remains in hospital and her injuries are described as not life-threatening.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 4 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 7 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 8 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 9 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 10 Whittington patients increase as Covid 'major incident' declared in London
A 53-year-old man had been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender but has since been released.
A fundraising page set up to raise cash to pay for Lee Jay’s funeral has raised £2,540.
Lee J was a close friend of Jonathon “JJ” McPhillips who was stabbed to death in Upper Street in February.