Lee Jay Hatley stabbing: Bradley Mark Wood to appear in court charged with murder and attempted murder
- Credit: police
Detectives investigating the fatal stabbing of Lee Jay Hatley at Canonbury’s Dover Court Estate have charged a man with murder.
The 29-year-old of Morland Mews in Barnsbury was stabbed repeatedly in a Westcliff House flat in Baxter Road in the early hours of last Monday morning where a group of people had gathered.
Police rushed the father-of-one to hospital but he died hours later.
Bradley Mark Wood, 24 of no fixed abode, was charged on Saturday with murder and the attempted murder of a 22-year-old woman.
He will appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court this morning.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was initially arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, but is now being treated as a victim.
She remains in hospital and her injuries are described as not life-threatening.
- 1 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 2 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 3 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 New 'ethical' Deliveroo-style service coming to Islington
- 7 'One of my lovebirds is missing' - Can you help?
- 8 Letters: Holloway Prison site development
- 9 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
A 53-year-old man had been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender but has since been released.
A fundraising page set up to raise cash to pay for Lee Jay’s funeral has raised £2,540.
Lee J was a close friend of Jonathon “JJ” McPhillips who was stabbed to death in Upper Street in February.