Man, 22, hospitalised by attack yards from Islington Police station
- Credit: Archant
A man was hospitalised in a broad daylight assault yesterday, just yards from Islington Police station.
The victim, 22, turned left on to Godson Street from Chapel Market when he was approached by a man who punched him in the head several times before leaving the scene.
Police were alerted to the incident when they were flagged down by members of the public in the area at about 5.30pm and an ambulance crew also attended.
The victim taken to hospital with injuries to his eye.
Police are on the hunt for a black male, abound 5ft 8ins tall, who they believe is responsible for the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call 101, alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
- 3 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 4 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 5 'We're angry': London councillors demand Met tackles violence to women
- 6 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 7 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 8 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 9 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 10 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years