Man, 22, hospitalised by attack yards from Islington Police station
- Credit: Archant
A man was hospitalised in a broad daylight assault yesterday, just yards from Islington Police station.
The victim, 22, turned left on to Godson Street from Chapel Market when he was approached by a man who punched him in the head several times before leaving the scene.
Police were alerted to the incident when they were flagged down by members of the public in the area at about 5.30pm and an ambulance crew also attended.
The victim taken to hospital with injuries to his eye.
Police are on the hunt for a black male, abound 5ft 8ins tall, who they believe is responsible for the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call 101, alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 6 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 7 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 8 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 9 Whittington patients increase as Covid 'major incident' declared in London
- 10 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally