Man, 22, hospitalised by attack yards from Islington Police station
- Credit: Archant
A man was hospitalised in a broad daylight assault yesterday, just yards from Islington Police station.
The victim, 22, turned left on to Godson Street from Chapel Market when he was approached by a man who punched him in the head several times before leaving the scene.
Police were alerted to the incident when they were flagged down by members of the public in the area at about 5.30pm and an ambulance crew also attended.
The victim taken to hospital with injuries to his eye.
Police are on the hunt for a black male, abound 5ft 8ins tall, who they believe is responsible for the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call 101, alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 2 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 3 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 6 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 7 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 8 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 9 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?