Man, 22, hospitalised by attack yards from Islington Police station
- Credit: Archant
A man was hospitalised in a broad daylight assault yesterday, just yards from Islington Police station.
The victim, 22, turned left on to Godson Street from Chapel Market when he was approached by a man who punched him in the head several times before leaving the scene.
Police were alerted to the incident when they were flagged down by members of the public in the area at about 5.30pm and an ambulance crew also attended.
The victim taken to hospital with injuries to his eye.
Police are on the hunt for a black male, abound 5ft 8ins tall, who they believe is responsible for the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call 101, alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder