Man, 22, hospitalised by attack yards from Islington Police station
- Credit: Archant
A man was hospitalised in a broad daylight assault yesterday, just yards from Islington Police station.
The victim, 22, turned left on to Godson Street from Chapel Market when he was approached by a man who punched him in the head several times before leaving the scene.
Police were alerted to the incident when they were flagged down by members of the public in the area at about 5.30pm and an ambulance crew also attended.
The victim taken to hospital with injuries to his eye.
Police are on the hunt for a black male, abound 5ft 8ins tall, who they believe is responsible for the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call 101, alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 2 Low Traffic Islington coalition launched to support council's LTN roll-out
- 3 Open spaces, LTNs, vouchers, vaccinations and neonatal care
- 4 Plans to chop down 70-year-old Islington mulberry tree paused
- 5 WATCH: Air ambulance called to Islington flat fire
- 6 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 7 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 8 Police force entry to alleged Islington 'house party' amid pandemic
- 9 'This is the end of my political career': Richard Watts stands down
- 10 Over-65s vaccinations begin in England as centre reports lack of patients