Man, 58, needed plastic surgery after violent Canonbury station assault
- Credit: Archant
A man suffered multiple fractures to his nose and jaw – requiring plastic surgery – in a violent attack at Canonbury station.
British Transport Police have launched an appeal for information after the assault on July 8.
The male victim, 58, was travelling on a Stratford-bound Overground train with his wife. He had a disagreement with a male passenger who had boarded the busy carriage with five other men at Highbury and Islington.
They alighted at Canonbury, and the man punched the victim in the face several times. He has since been discharged and is recovering at home.
The offender is described as Asian, slim and aged in his mid-twenties. He had short black hair and stubble and was wearing a dark green or purple t-shirt and dark shorts.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Pc Nick Dipper said: “I would like to speak to anyone who was at the station or on board the service and witnessed this incident. Following a brief verbal dispute, the victim was violently attacked by another passenger. This violence is unacceptable and we are working to identify the person responsible and bring him to justice.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 0800 40 50 40, quoting reference number 690 of July 8, 2017. No CCTV images were available.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 3 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 4 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 5 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 6 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 7 Spot tiny art 'gems' along The Parkland Walk
- 8 Islington charity choir smashes fundraising target with help from Brian Eno
- 9 Author inspired by Highbury for debut sci-fi novel about aliens
- 10 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally