Man, 62, stabbed in broad daylight Hornsey Rise knife attack
- Credit: Archant
Victim left bleeding in street - pensioner held on suspicion of GBH
A 62-year-old man was left bleeding in the street after a knife attack in broad daylight yesterday
Police rushed to Daisy Dobbings Walk, off Jessie Blythe Lane, Hornsey Rise, at around 2.30pm where they found the victim with stab wounds to his stomach.
He was taken to a north London hospital where police say he was undergoing surgery last night.
One witness described a white tent being erected by police, with forensics teams milling about and London’s Air Ambulance circling overhead.
You may also want to watch:
Inside a nearby house ,in Daisy Dobbins Walk, officers arrested a 69-year-old man on suspicion of Grievous Bodily Harm.
He is currently in custody at a north London police station.
- 1 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 2 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 3 Letter: 'Highbury roundabout is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 8 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 9 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 10 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'
Investigations continue – officers are not seeking any further suspects in connection with this investigation.