Man, 62, stabbed in broad daylight Hornsey Rise knife attack
- Credit: Archant
Victim left bleeding in street - pensioner held on suspicion of GBH
A 62-year-old man was left bleeding in the street after a knife attack in broad daylight yesterday
Police rushed to Daisy Dobbings Walk, off Jessie Blythe Lane, Hornsey Rise, at around 2.30pm where they found the victim with stab wounds to his stomach.
He was taken to a north London hospital where police say he was undergoing surgery last night.
One witness described a white tent being erected by police, with forensics teams milling about and London’s Air Ambulance circling overhead.
Inside a nearby house ,in Daisy Dobbins Walk, officers arrested a 69-year-old man on suspicion of Grievous Bodily Harm.
He is currently in custody at a north London police station.
- 1 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 2 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 3 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 4 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 5 Call for fuel payment machines in Hackney and Islington
- 6 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 7 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 8 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 9 Pirates: Reggie Yates film shot in Angel gets release
- 10 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
Investigations continue – officers are not seeking any further suspects in connection with this investigation.