Man, 62, stabbed in broad daylight Hornsey Rise knife attack
- Credit: Archant
Victim left bleeding in street - pensioner held on suspicion of GBH
A 62-year-old man was left bleeding in the street after a knife attack in broad daylight yesterday
Police rushed to Daisy Dobbings Walk, off Jessie Blythe Lane, Hornsey Rise, at around 2.30pm where they found the victim with stab wounds to his stomach.
He was taken to a north London hospital where police say he was undergoing surgery last night.
One witness described a white tent being erected by police, with forensics teams milling about and London’s Air Ambulance circling overhead.
You may also want to watch:
Inside a nearby house ,in Daisy Dobbins Walk, officers arrested a 69-year-old man on suspicion of Grievous Bodily Harm.
He is currently in custody at a north London police station.
- 1 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 6 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
Investigations continue – officers are not seeking any further suspects in connection with this investigation.