Man allegedly stabbed through car window following chase in Islington
- Credit: Archant
A man was allegedly stabbed following a car chase in Islington today.
A witness said the driver of the car, a 28-year-old man, who is said to have collided with some parked vehicles on Elmore Street, was repeatedly stabbed through the window of the car just before 2pm.
Police and paramedics attended the scene following reports of a stabbing and road traffic accident.
The incident comes just eight days after a 23-year-old man was shot in broad daylight in neighbouring Essex Road.
A police spokesman said: “An altercation took place between the occupants of the two vehicles and a male in his late 20s suffered stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
“London Ambulance Service attended and he was taken to a central London hospital.
“His injury is not believed to be life-threatening.”
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 6 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 7 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 8 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
A spokesman from London Ambulance Service said: “We received a call just before 2pm to reports of a stabbing in Elmore Street and sent one ambulance crew and a singular responder to the scene.
“We treated a 28-year-old man for stab wounds who was taken to hospital as a priority.”
Two males, aged 28 and 23 have been arrested on suspicion of affray in connection with the incident.