Man allegedly stabbed through car window following chase in Islington
- Credit: Archant
A man was allegedly stabbed following a car chase in Islington today.
A witness said the driver of the car, a 28-year-old man, who is said to have collided with some parked vehicles on Elmore Street, was repeatedly stabbed through the window of the car just before 2pm.
Police and paramedics attended the scene following reports of a stabbing and road traffic accident.
The incident comes just eight days after a 23-year-old man was shot in broad daylight in neighbouring Essex Road.
A police spokesman said: “An altercation took place between the occupants of the two vehicles and a male in his late 20s suffered stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
“London Ambulance Service attended and he was taken to a central London hospital.
“His injury is not believed to be life-threatening.”
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 7 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Housing, LTN, Living Wage, child exploitation and charity shops
- 10 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
A spokesman from London Ambulance Service said: “We received a call just before 2pm to reports of a stabbing in Elmore Street and sent one ambulance crew and a singular responder to the scene.
“We treated a 28-year-old man for stab wounds who was taken to hospital as a priority.”
Two males, aged 28 and 23 have been arrested on suspicion of affray in connection with the incident.