Man allegedly stabbed through car window following chase in Islington
- Credit: Archant
A man was allegedly stabbed following a car chase in Islington today.
A witness said the driver of the car, a 28-year-old man, who is said to have collided with some parked vehicles on Elmore Street, was repeatedly stabbed through the window of the car just before 2pm.
Police and paramedics attended the scene following reports of a stabbing and road traffic accident.
The incident comes just eight days after a 23-year-old man was shot in broad daylight in neighbouring Essex Road.
A police spokesman said: “An altercation took place between the occupants of the two vehicles and a male in his late 20s suffered stab wounds.
“London Ambulance Service attended and he was taken to a central London hospital.
“His injury is not believed to be life-threatening.”
- 1 Layout of new LTN around Upper Street revealed
- 2 CCTV: Footage of man sought by officers investigating sexual assault
- 3 Islington's Tory councillor calls for LTNs to be scrapped
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Reclaim the Night: Women demand end to gendered violence in north London
- 6 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 7 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 8 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 9 Islington school praised for celebrating 'difference and diversity'
- 10 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
A spokesman from London Ambulance Service said: “We received a call just before 2pm to reports of a stabbing in Elmore Street and sent one ambulance crew and a singular responder to the scene.
“We treated a 28-year-old man for stab wounds who was taken to hospital as a priority.”
Two males, aged 28 and 23 have been arrested on suspicion of affray in connection with the incident.