Man arrested after falling from roof
A teenager who fell from a roof in Islington has been arrested on suspicion of robbery.
Police were to Ferntower Road just before 9.30am today following reports of an injured man.
Officers and London Ambulance Service (LAS) attended and found a man, aged approximately 80 years old, suffering non-life-threatening head and hand injuries following an apparent robbery.
Three suspects were identified and traced to a property in nearby Poets Road.
Officers attended and arrested one male as he left the property.
You may also want to watch:
Police forced entry to the property and arrested another man, while two others left through a window. One of these was arrested in the garden, while the last man climbed up on to the roof.
Officers remained in contact with the male, aged 18, who was seen to throw a number of items down from the roof.
- 1 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 2 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 5 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 6 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 7 Islington charity choir smashes fundraising target with help from Brian Eno
- 8 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 9 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 10 Islington dancer recounts apartheid struggles in new book
Shortly before 12.20pm the man fell from the roof. He was treated by LAS and taken to hospital where his injuries have been confirmed as non-life-threatening.
All four males have been arrested for robbery and enquiries continue by officers from Islington borough.