Man arrested after falling from roof
A teenager who fell from a roof in Islington has been arrested on suspicion of robbery.
Police were to Ferntower Road just before 9.30am today following reports of an injured man.
Officers and London Ambulance Service (LAS) attended and found a man, aged approximately 80 years old, suffering non-life-threatening head and hand injuries following an apparent robbery.
Three suspects were identified and traced to a property in nearby Poets Road.
Officers attended and arrested one male as he left the property.
You may also want to watch:
Police forced entry to the property and arrested another man, while two others left through a window. One of these was arrested in the garden, while the last man climbed up on to the roof.
Officers remained in contact with the male, aged 18, who was seen to throw a number of items down from the roof.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 ESL 'the death of what football should be about', say Arsenal fans
- 7 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 8 Chamber music and arts festival scheduled for Islington this summer
- 9 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 10 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
Shortly before 12.20pm the man fell from the roof. He was treated by LAS and taken to hospital where his injuries have been confirmed as non-life-threatening.
All four males have been arrested for robbery and enquiries continue by officers from Islington borough.