Man arrested after falling from roof
A teenager who fell from a roof in Islington has been arrested on suspicion of robbery.
Police were to Ferntower Road just before 9.30am today following reports of an injured man.
Officers and London Ambulance Service (LAS) attended and found a man, aged approximately 80 years old, suffering non-life-threatening head and hand injuries following an apparent robbery.
Three suspects were identified and traced to a property in nearby Poets Road.
Officers attended and arrested one male as he left the property.
You may also want to watch:
Police forced entry to the property and arrested another man, while two others left through a window. One of these was arrested in the garden, while the last man climbed up on to the roof.
Officers remained in contact with the male, aged 18, who was seen to throw a number of items down from the roof.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
Shortly before 12.20pm the man fell from the roof. He was treated by LAS and taken to hospital where his injuries have been confirmed as non-life-threatening.
All four males have been arrested for robbery and enquiries continue by officers from Islington borough.