Man arrested after falling from roof
A teenager who fell from a roof in Islington has been arrested on suspicion of robbery.
Police were to Ferntower Road just before 9.30am today following reports of an injured man.
Officers and London Ambulance Service (LAS) attended and found a man, aged approximately 80 years old, suffering non-life-threatening head and hand injuries following an apparent robbery.
Three suspects were identified and traced to a property in nearby Poets Road.
Officers attended and arrested one male as he left the property.
You may also want to watch:
Police forced entry to the property and arrested another man, while two others left through a window. One of these was arrested in the garden, while the last man climbed up on to the roof.
Officers remained in contact with the male, aged 18, who was seen to throw a number of items down from the roof.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 8 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 9 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
Shortly before 12.20pm the man fell from the roof. He was treated by LAS and taken to hospital where his injuries have been confirmed as non-life-threatening.
All four males have been arrested for robbery and enquiries continue by officers from Islington borough.