Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- Credit: David Nathan
A man has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm after a police officer was injured in a collision with a car.
The driver of the passing vehicle did not stop, and the victim suffered injuries to his legs.
The incident happened at Dartmouth Park Hill, near the junction with Tufnell Park Road, just before 3pm on Thursday (April 15).
The officer had been standing next to a stationary police vehicle at the time of the collision, and the car was also damaged.
Police and London Ambulance Service attended and the injured officer was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
He has since been discharged.
A 21-year-old man was arrested in Archway on Saturday (April 17) and remains in custody.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 4 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 5 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 6 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 7 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 8 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 9 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 10 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair