Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- Credit: David Nathan
A man has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm after a police officer was injured in a collision with a car.
The driver of the passing vehicle did not stop, and the victim suffered injuries to his legs.
The incident happened at Dartmouth Park Hill, near the junction with Tufnell Park Road, just before 3pm on Thursday (April 15).
The officer had been standing next to a stationary police vehicle at the time of the collision, and the car was also damaged.
Police and London Ambulance Service attended and the injured officer was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
He has since been discharged.
A 21-year-old man was arrested in Archway on Saturday (April 17) and remains in custody.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Appeal for information after boy, 15, stabbed in back
- 3 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 4 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 5 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 6 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 7 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 8 In pictures: Pond-dipping, singing and mindfulness at Gillespie Park fun day
- 9 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket