Man arrested after pensioner killed in Holloway collision
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested yesterday after a pensioner was killed in a collision with a car.
The 39-year-old was held on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after his blue Mercedes collided with Androula Michael in Sussex Road, Holloway on May 1.
The 78-year-old victim, from Carnoustie Drive, Islington, was taken to hospital, but died that evening.
An inquest was opened on May 9.
The driver has been bailed until September.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses can call officers from the Northolt Road Death Investigation Unit on 0208 842 1817.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 7 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 8 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 9 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 10 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project