Man arrested after pensioner killed in Holloway collision
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested yesterday after a pensioner was killed in a collision with a car.
The 39-year-old was held on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after his blue Mercedes collided with Androula Michael in Sussex Road, Holloway on May 1.
The 78-year-old victim, from Carnoustie Drive, Islington, was taken to hospital, but died that evening.
An inquest was opened on May 9.
The driver has been bailed until September.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses can call officers from the Northolt Road Death Investigation Unit on 0208 842 1817.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios
- 10 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes