Man arrested after pensioner killed in Holloway collision
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested yesterday after a pensioner was killed in a collision with a car.
The 39-year-old was held on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after his blue Mercedes collided with Androula Michael in Sussex Road, Holloway on May 1.
The 78-year-old victim, from Carnoustie Drive, Islington, was taken to hospital, but died that evening.
An inquest was opened on May 9.
The driver has been bailed until September.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses can call officers from the Northolt Road Death Investigation Unit on 0208 842 1817.
- 1 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 2 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 3 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 4 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 New 'ethical' Deliveroo-style service coming to Islington
- 10 Letters: Holloway Prison site development