Man arrested after pensioner killed in Holloway collision
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested yesterday after a pensioner was killed in a collision with a car.
The 39-year-old was held on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after his blue Mercedes collided with Androula Michael in Sussex Road, Holloway on May 1.
The 78-year-old victim, from Carnoustie Drive, Islington, was taken to hospital, but died that evening.
An inquest was opened on May 9.
The driver has been bailed until September.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses can call officers from the Northolt Road Death Investigation Unit on 0208 842 1817.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 4 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 7 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 8 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 9 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket