Man arrested after pensioner killed in Holloway collision
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested yesterday after a pensioner was killed in a collision with a car.
The 39-year-old was held on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after his blue Mercedes collided with Androula Michael in Sussex Road, Holloway on May 1.
The 78-year-old victim, from Carnoustie Drive, Islington, was taken to hospital, but died that evening.
An inquest was opened on May 9.
The driver has been bailed until September.
Any witnesses can call officers from the Northolt Road Death Investigation Unit on 0208 842 1817.
- 1 Islington's Tory councillor calls for low traffic neighbourhoods to be scrapped
- 2 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 3 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 4 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 5 Residents to quiz council over homes at Holloway Prison site
- 6 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 7 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 8 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 9 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 10 Gong bathing comes to Holloway, Dalston and Stoke Newington