Man arrested in suspicious Finsbury Park death investigation
Police investigating a suspicious death in Finsbury Park have made an arrest.
Chrissie Azzopardi, 22, was found dead in a property in Wray Crescent, Finsbury Park, on Monday, June 4.
A post-mortem held the day after failed to establish a formal cause of death and police are awaiting the outcome of further tests.
Detectives from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command are investigating and are treating the death as suspicious.
The man, a 27-year-old, was arrested yesterday (Thursday) morning and has since been released on police bail until August 16.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information that may assist police should call the incident room on 020 8247 7821, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
An inquest was opened and adjourned in the name of Christopher Azzopardi on Wednesday, June 6, and will be resumed at a later date.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years