Man arrested in suspicious Finsbury Park death investigation
Police investigating a suspicious death in Finsbury Park have made an arrest.
Chrissie Azzopardi, 22, was found dead in a property in Wray Crescent, Finsbury Park, on Monday, June 4.
A post-mortem held the day after failed to establish a formal cause of death and police are awaiting the outcome of further tests.
Detectives from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command are investigating and are treating the death as suspicious.
The man, a 27-year-old, was arrested yesterday (Thursday) morning and has since been released on police bail until August 16.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information that may assist police should call the incident room on 020 8247 7821, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
An inquest was opened and adjourned in the name of Christopher Azzopardi on Wednesday, June 6, and will be resumed at a later date.
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Housing, LTN, Living Wage, child exploitation and charity shops
- 7 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 8 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 9 Walk with a map
- 10 Can you help identify this man?