Man attacked in Finsbury Park pub
A man was left with serious injuries following an unprovoked assault at a pub on Sunday.
Islington detectives are appealing for the public’s help in tracing the suspects who launched the attack on the man at the Eaglet pub in Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park, at around 9.30pm.
The 21-year-old victim was watching the Irish Gaelic football match when he became involved in an argument with two men who then left the pub before returning shortly afterwards with a third man and assaulting him with an unknown weapon.
The victim sustained serious injuries to the head and neck and was taken by London’s Air Ambulance to an east London hospital where he underwent emergency surgery.
The suspects are described as two black men and a white man.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Det Con Sam Harris said: “This was a sustained, vicious and unprovoked assault on a young man. His injuries were such that they could have been fatal.
“I am appealing to anyone who was in the pub at that time and who has information that can help identify these suspects to come forward and speak to police.”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 5 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 6 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
Anyone with information should call 020 7421 0391 or, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.