Man attacked in Finsbury Park pub
A man was left with serious injuries following an unprovoked assault at a pub on Sunday.
Islington detectives are appealing for the public’s help in tracing the suspects who launched the attack on the man at the Eaglet pub in Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park, at around 9.30pm.
The 21-year-old victim was watching the Irish Gaelic football match when he became involved in an argument with two men who then left the pub before returning shortly afterwards with a third man and assaulting him with an unknown weapon.
The victim sustained serious injuries to the head and neck and was taken by London’s Air Ambulance to an east London hospital where he underwent emergency surgery.
The suspects are described as two black men and a white man.
Investigating officer Det Con Sam Harris said: “This was a sustained, vicious and unprovoked assault on a young man. His injuries were such that they could have been fatal.
“I am appealing to anyone who was in the pub at that time and who has information that can help identify these suspects to come forward and speak to police.”
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 3 'Mistrust and fear' of services fuelling Islington BAME employment gap, research finds
- 4 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 5 Call to get vaccinated amid Covid surge
- 6 Plea date set for man accused of Sabita Thanwani killing
- 7 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 8 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 9 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 10 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
Anyone with information should call 020 7421 0391 or, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.