Man attacked in Finsbury Park pub
A man was left with serious injuries following an unprovoked assault at a pub on Sunday.
Islington detectives are appealing for the public’s help in tracing the suspects who launched the attack on the man at the Eaglet pub in Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park, at around 9.30pm.
The 21-year-old victim was watching the Irish Gaelic football match when he became involved in an argument with two men who then left the pub before returning shortly afterwards with a third man and assaulting him with an unknown weapon.
The victim sustained serious injuries to the head and neck and was taken by London’s Air Ambulance to an east London hospital where he underwent emergency surgery.
The suspects are described as two black men and a white man.
Investigating officer Det Con Sam Harris said: “This was a sustained, vicious and unprovoked assault on a young man. His injuries were such that they could have been fatal.
“I am appealing to anyone who was in the pub at that time and who has information that can help identify these suspects to come forward and speak to police.”
- 1 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 2 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 3 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 'Fear, isolation and distress': Pentonville Prison during Covid-19
- 5 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 6 WATCH: Sauna fire rips through Old Street leisure centre
- 7 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 Protesters march in final attempt to prevent incinerator contract
- 10 New Islington chief wants to give children 'equal opportunities'
Anyone with information should call 020 7421 0391 or, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.