Man attacked in Finsbury Park pub
A man was left with serious injuries following an unprovoked assault at a pub on Sunday.
Islington detectives are appealing for the public’s help in tracing the suspects who launched the attack on the man at the Eaglet pub in Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park, at around 9.30pm.
The 21-year-old victim was watching the Irish Gaelic football match when he became involved in an argument with two men who then left the pub before returning shortly afterwards with a third man and assaulting him with an unknown weapon.
The victim sustained serious injuries to the head and neck and was taken by London’s Air Ambulance to an east London hospital where he underwent emergency surgery.
The suspects are described as two black men and a white man.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Det Con Sam Harris said: “This was a sustained, vicious and unprovoked assault on a young man. His injuries were such that they could have been fatal.
“I am appealing to anyone who was in the pub at that time and who has information that can help identify these suspects to come forward and speak to police.”
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
Anyone with information should call 020 7421 0391 or, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.