Man’s ear bitten at Highbury and Islington station
- Credit: PA WIRE
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man’s ear was bitten during a brawl in Highbury and Islington Tube station.
It happened just before 11pm on Friday last week. Officers attended and sent a 34-year-old man to hospital with a “nasty” ear injury.
An Islington man, 25, was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm. He was released on police bail and is due to return on March 2.
Det Cons Gerry Hughes, of British Transport Police, said: “The victim received treatment in hospital for the injury to his ear which was caused by biting.
“If you were in the station at the time or witnessed the altercation between two men then please get in touch as soon as possible. Your information could be vital to our investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 668 of February 3, 2017. Alternatively, information can be passed anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 'Havoc' as squirrels invade Old Street council block
- 9 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants