Man’s ear bitten at Highbury and Islington station
- Credit: PA WIRE
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man’s ear was bitten during a brawl in Highbury and Islington Tube station.
It happened just before 11pm on Friday last week. Officers attended and sent a 34-year-old man to hospital with a “nasty” ear injury.
An Islington man, 25, was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm. He was released on police bail and is due to return on March 2.
Det Cons Gerry Hughes, of British Transport Police, said: “The victim received treatment in hospital for the injury to his ear which was caused by biting.
“If you were in the station at the time or witnessed the altercation between two men then please get in touch as soon as possible. Your information could be vital to our investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 668 of February 3, 2017. Alternatively, information can be passed anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 3 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 4 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 5 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 6 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 7 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 10 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown