Man ‘blew kisses at woman at Finsbury Park station before sexually assaulting her’
- Credit: Archant
A man allegedly blew kisses at a woman on a station platform at Finsbury Park before sexually assaulting her at Seven Sisters station.
British Transport Police have released an image of a man who they wish to speak to following the attack, which happened on Saturday August 22 at 8.30pm.
The man approached the woman as she was crossing over from the northbound Piccadilly line to the northbound Victoria line at Finsbury Park tube station.
As she made her way to a waiting train on the Victoria line platform the man started blowing kisses towards her.
The woman was sat for just 30 seconds when the man sat directly opposite her. As the train departed he kept staring at her causing her to feel upset and uncomfortable.
You may also want to watch:
When she alighted at the next station, Seven Sisters, the train terminated and the woman got off the train first. The man then followed her before putting his arm around her and touching her inappropriately.
DC Suleman Yazdani said: “Do you know this man in the CCTV image? I am keen to speak with him as I believe that he holds vital information which could help with the investigation.”
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 3 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 4 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 5 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 6 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 7 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 10 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
Anyone with any information should contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 or text us on 61016 quoting reference T-SUB/B6 of 10/11/15.