Man caught after leaving inhaler outside scene of Archway burglary
- Credit: Archant
A burglar who was caught after leaving his inhaler near the scene of the crime has been jailed.
Jason Welsh, 42, of no fixed abode, was handed a three year term at Blackfriars Crown Court on June 26 after admitting two Archway burglaries.
On May 31, a woman was at her Sussex Way home when she heard the front door go and heard the person moving around suspiciously so went to investigate.
Welsh was in her lounge carrying her flatmates rucksack – she shouted at him and tried to grab the bag off him, but he threatened her with violence and ran out.
She called the police, and described the burglar but couldn’t tell officers which way he had ran off.
You may also want to watch:
They searched the area and found the rucksack and other stolen items nearby – along with an inhaler. Forensic tests identified Welsh as the suspect.
As he was arrested on June 11, and appeared to nod in acceptance and say said “yes, the inhaler”.
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 3 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Walk with a map
- 7 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 8 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 9 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 10 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
During his interview, Welsh also admitted to another burglary in Fortnam Road, on June 10 after he was found with some of the things stolen from that house.
Det Insp Paul Cheadle of Islington CID said: “I am pleased with the result handed out by the court.
“Welsh is a prolific burglar and the residents of Islington can be reassured that he is off our streets for a few years to come. “