Man charged after Clerkenwell New Year shooting
A man has been charged following the shooting of a 22-year-old man in Clerkenwell on New Year’s Day.
The 25-year-old was charged with the Murder of Aarron McKoy and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
He appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on Saturday (January 7) and has been remanded in custody before appearing at the Old Bailey tomorrow (January 10).
Mr McKoy, also from Hackney, was gunned down in Portpool Lane at around 4am on January 1, just hours into the new year.
He had been celebrating his 22nd birthday in the Clerkenwell House Wine Bar, in Hatton Wall, before being shot in the chest.
You may also want to watch:
On January 2 a 22-year-old was arrested in connection with the murder and was released on bail. A third man was arrested but released with no charge.
Det Ch Insp John Crossley said: “The venue was very busy going into the early hours of New Year’s Day and we are extremely keen to talk to anyone who was in attendance.”
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
He also asked businesses in the area with CCTV to get in contact urgently so footage can be reviewed.
Anyone with any information regarding the incident can call 020 8733 4212 with information, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.